Hello everyone, welcome to Junk Jack X 2.4.4!
This version introduces a new gardening system: discover new flower types by combining their seeds and get more than 15000 unique plants! We also added a new planet called Mykon with new monsters, rare weapon drops, equip pieces, placeable objects and blocks. A new Tone Emitter device has been introduced to let you compose music directly inside the game! Last but not least we’re adding many bug fixes and tweaks which hopefully will improve your experience with Junk Jack X.
Check out the changelog below:
- the game is now optimized for 64 bit architecture
- new procedural plants: combine plants by mixing their seeds and obtain more than 15000 unique flowers!
- 3 new IAPs
- new Planet: Mykon!
- more than 35 new mobs
- more than 15 new weapons
- more than 25 new equip pieces
- many new plants with their relative fruits
- new rare pocket pets
- 10 new fishes
- new rare king slime pet craftable from monster drops
- new mushroom wood
- sloped blocks can now be rotated even upside-down
- the normal minimap is now a live view of the world (and not a static snapshot anymore)
- new craftable tone emitter blocks, make music with them!
- new truth table device
- different musical instruments can be set for tone emitter blocks, including chiptune sounds!
- new spider web graphics
- new king slime mobs!
- tweaked dye colours
- tweaked ground plants spawn rate on terra
- each flower will drop its relative colored petal which can be used to craft dyes
- new craftable gem torches which make colored light
- statues are now flippable with the spanner! (more things will be flippable in the future)
- new world generator allows props to be rotated into all directions making every biome much more immersive
- fixed (hopefully) fishing as clients in multiplayer
- fixed a crash related to spawner eggs thrown by an item dispenser
- fixed a bug that didn’t allow players to tap a near addon to craft things with it
- fixed crashes occurred when tapping a camp fire
- lighting on rotated blocks is now properly calculated
- fixed a crash that occurred when a client exited from a multiplayer game
- fixed lighting issues around world map wrap
- sloped blocks now respect their placement rules
- sloped blocks have been added to creative again
- colored lights are now properly shown on zoomed minimap
- fixed a crash that occurred while opening the in-game shop
- loading a world from an obsolete game version (< 2.3) now could work properly, don’t forget to always update your game and worlds!
- fixed sky appearing black on world load
- many more fixes and tweaks!
Have fun, and as always expect more news coming soon!
Hello everyone, here’s a quick teaser of a new planet we’re working on.
Lots of mushrooms as you can see, but just not only that! The planet will also include new mobs, drops, weapons, equip pieces and craftable objects to discover.
Stay tuned for more updates! :)
Hello everyone, here’s a quick update and a screenshot about the progress on Junk Jack for Pc/Mac/Linux.
Jack worked hard these months and finally managed to make the game at least run on every platform, it hasn’t been an easy task mind you! This doesn’t mean we’re done yet, actually there is a huge amount of things to be done, but now we have a solid foundation to continue our work!
We’ll keep you posted in the future on how the development is going.
Last but not least, we’re also working on new content for the mobile version of the game. More places to explore, with their relative monsters and loots are coming, which adds to the already huge pool of content present right now in the game.
We hope you enjoyed the update.
More news soon!
Hello everyone, Apple has finally approved Junk Jack 2.4.1 which fixes all the major reported bugs including:
- Multiplayer crash when connecting
- Craftnotes crash when opening them from quickslots
- Unredeemable Technician’s hat IAP
- Many more minor bug fixes and tweaks
Sorry for the trouble caused by the previous patch, unfortunately despite the beta testing these bugs managed to appear in the final version of the game.
Happy wiring everyone! :)
Hello, time for a new release today!
Grab two of the best sandbox games available in the AppStore at once.
Dive into the past and feel the nostalgia of the original Junk Jack, released on 2011, the first sandbox exclusively made for touch devices! Then enjoy the full experience of Junk Jack X, a overwhelming experience full of exploration, items, monsters, customizations and many more features that, together with multiplayer, will entertain you for hours and hours of gameplay!
This bundle is a must if you still don’t own Junk Jack X and a nice addition if you missed our first game.
Junk Jack X update
We fixed the bugs present in the current version of Junk Jack X, including the multiplayer crash and the craftbook pages crash.We submitted the new patch to Apple, hopefully it will be approved soon.
Thanks everyone who helped by reporting the bugs!
This major patch adds a whole new component to the game: ELECTRONICS! Build complex widgets and contraptions which can interact with the world. In addition to this, the lighting engine has been rewritten and enhanced to support coloured lights, which makes the game much more dynamic and fresh looking, with accordingly updated planets which are have even been revamped. The most notable changes can be seen in Terra.
Last but not least we’ve also added a whole new planet reachable from Seth, named Thetis! Explore this new aquatic world with new monsters, equip pieces, armor, fishes, weapons and new biomes with unique blocks and objects.
Have fun little inventors!
- Silicium can now be used as the main resource for electrical devices
- A FULLY FLEDGED ELECTRONICS ENGINE allows the creation of complex widgets, even complete CPUs!
- New Electrician’s Bench addon allows to craft electrical devices
- New Copper Wire and Wire Insulator items to transmit digital and analog signals
- Craftable logic gates (AND, OR, NOT, XOR, NAND, NOR, XNOR)
- Craftable latches to store values (Flip-Flop D, Flip-Flop JK)
- Craftable devices which are able to operate on analog signals (comparators, displays, …)
- Miscellaneous craftable devices to build complex contraptions (three state buffers, adc/dac converters, shift registers, …)
- Input devices to interact with circuits (levers, pressure pads, light sensors, …)
- Output devices to interact with the world (light bulbs, colored light bulbs, doors, item dispensers, …)
- A new Spanner tool which can configure and rotate electrical devices
- The Spanner tool allows also to flip selected blocks
- Doors can be flipped horizontally
- All sloped blocks can be flipped horizontally
- All right sloped blocks have been replaced to left sloped blocks in your inventories
- NEW AQUATIC PLANET reachable from Seth: Thetis
- 3 new IAPs
- Terra biomes have been revamped and improved
- Many other work in progress tweaks are being made to other planets
- The light engine has been recoded to support COLORED LIGHTS!
- New Colored Lights which give the game a new and refreshing look
- Many light sources have been tweaked accordingly
- 25 new monsters with unique loots
- 10 new fishes to fish
- 7 new trinkets
- more than 10 new equips and sets can be found in the new planet
- 6 new alien plant types
- 6 new rare statues
- 7 new weapons can be dropped from thetis monsters
- New Craftable yellow torch
- And much more!
- Portal Chests now emit light, making them easier to find
- All mobs have been shaded and have a less “flat” look
- Many slimes now split into smaller when killed
- New reagents have been added to the alchemy system
- All craftable goo torches now emit their relative colored light
- Deleting all world won’t force the creation of a new player anymore
- Degenerated buggy trees won’t be generated anymore during map creation
- Trees won’t grow anymore through blocks
- Many crashes have been fixed
- The whole engine is finally all written in C++11 language
Hi! Today we’re showing you a nice new feature that’s coming soon on Junk Jack X and will be in Junk Jack for Steam, of course!
We’ve reworked the lighting engine to allow real coloured lights in the game. Here you can see some goo torches crafted from slimes drops in action, as you can see the result is.. quite good! We hope you like that :).
More news coming soon!
Hi guys and gals! It’s time for a little update, we’re really busy working on the game engine, constantly adding content and features to enhance the gameplay experience! We rewrote the whole game engine to be almost totally cross-platform while we’re doing some tests regarding cross-platform multiplayer.
Currently we’ve been able to launch the game on Windows and OS X operating systems but much work is still to be done!
Today we present you the Junk Jack star map!
You start the adventure in Terra, then, by finding and assembling portal pieces, you will be able to explore new worlds as shown in the map.
Each planet is carefully hand crafted and unique in its own way, with different themes, monsters, equip pieces, blocks, and much more stuff.
More details about the planets and its contents are coming soon, so stay tuned!
What do you think? Leave a comment below!
Junk Jack X 2.3.1 St. Valentine update is out! This update adds more love to the game, including two themed mobs, new pets, treasures, and many themed placeable objects dropped from a new rare special themed chest.
Check out the changelog below!
- new Pink Valentine rabbit mob added
- new Pink Valentine pocket pet added
- new Cupid Zombie mob!
- two new trinkets have been added
- a new themed chest equip piece has been added
- a new St. Valentine themed chest can be found on terra ground
- new Themed bows and arrows
- new plant: Red Rose!
- new placeable Glowing Heart
- new rare Pocket Heart pet
- new Hanging Hearts decoration
- new placeable Red Rose Bucket
- many new St. Valentine themed treasures have been added
- two new themed paintings have been added
- fixed a wrong sound on Lilith monolith object
- now pet entity light is correctly set after a warp
- fixed a crash that occurred sometimes when unwrapping a gift
- fixed a memory leak that occurred evey time you entered a world
- added Citrine Block to creative
- fixed Dromium Spores placement issues
- added world chests to Lilith
More updates coming soon, stay tuned!
Hello everyone, Apple has just approved the Junk Jack X 2.3 Christmas update!
This version adds the Christmas mood to the game with many new craftable items, and a themed Terra world. But that’s not all, a whole new planet named Lilith has been added with more than 25 new mobs, items, weapons,equips, placeable objects and blocks, a new ore which will be used in the future for something really unique, many new rares and crafts.
And, as usual a bunch of bug fixes will make the experience better!
Merry Christmas and happy new year by the Pixbits Duo!
- Terra is now Christmas themed, with many christmas gifts on ground!
- All the christmas presents from previous year have been added again, plus much more!
- New end-game Lilith planet that can be reached from Xeno!
- New Silicium ore, which will be used in the future in a very unique way. More news coming!
- Fish more than 10 new fish types in the new planet
- 10 new replantable plant types with relative fruits
- More than 30 new mobs with their relative drops and crafts
- Many new alchemy reagents!
- Many new Lilith placeable blocks
- Lots of new placeable Lilith objects, including 6 columns
- New Moonstone material
- New Rare throwable bomb
- 6 New Rare placeable statues
- New moonstone blocks and column crafts
- 5 New Lilith pocket pets
- 4 Lilith armor sets
- 4 Lilith weapon sets
- 1 Rare Craftable Armor Set
- Many new trinkets, craftable or dropped from mobs
- Many new rare weapons
- More than 15 new crafts
- New Christmas Zombie mob
- New Placeable Hanging Tinsel
- New Placeable Hanging Snowflakes
- New Placeable Christmas Sleigh, you can sleep on it
- New Rare “weapon” (again!) dropped from Christmas Zombie Mob
- New Pocket Falling Star pet
- New Pocket Frosty pet
- Falling star will now spawn more often.
- Removed a graphic glitch from mineshaft bridge
- Fixed a crash that occurred when opening chests/forges/etc in multiplayer with a laggy connection
- Fixed dyable blocks and items that weren’t displaying correctly in super mini map
- Fixed a bug the didn’t allow some ladders to be placed on trapdoors
- Fixed a crash that could occur while taking a portal
- Fixed a crash that occurred when multiplayer was canceled halfway through connection
- Fixed a crash that occurred randomly when having stables with at least 2 mobs in the world
- Fixed wrong flags set on yuca side objects
- Added Night Owl to the creative eggs
- Fixed some wrong mob particles
- Enriched save check routines to minimize crashes during save operations
- Fixed a crash related to the update lighting algorithm on blocks of the world
- Many minor tweaks and fixes