Following Desktop version release we’re ready to release v3.2.1 on iOS and Android devices too, this update fixes a lot of bugs and balance issues while adding some quality of life enhancements that should improve the overall experience.
If you have any problem don’t forget to report bugs on our forum at forum.pixbits.com o join the official Discord channel at https://discordapp.com/invite/QPBBbUn to get support.
Android release will require more time because with had a technical problem on the machine with the toolchain so we need more time to be able to release it.
• Items are now continuously moved while inside flowing fluids
• Health regen from equip now triggers after 5 second without taking damage from monsters
• Implemented item sets bonuses: this features allows to give specific bonuses (and effects) when a specific set of items is equipped
• Created a set for each Uber boss equip drop, now the single equip pieces give less light value, equipping the full set gives the full light value
• Added light value to tooltips of armor pieces
• Added tooltips to some unclear potions
• Some mobs are now able to see through player invisibility
• Thorns damage on monsters is now mitigated by their defense
• Thorns related potions have been buffed
• Adjusted some thorns bonuses from equip
• Fixed critical chance of weapons which wasn’t working (all had 0% critical)
• Fixed bug which wasn’t updating collections when equipping items or pets
• Fixed bug which didn’t consume proper amount of items when using simple craft
• Fixed bug which allowed instant forge crafting
• Fixed a crash when dropping an item stack into an occupied space in some circumstances
• Fixed a rare issue which could corrupt your player save (this fix is retroactive, it could repair corrupted players too)
• Fixed quick stack from forge which didn’t properly move items
• Fixed craftbook key which was working in creative and crashing the game
• Fixed Metal Feet potion, now it properly makes you immune to spikes
• Fixed open save folder option which wasn’t working
• Fixed a random crash when browsing collections
• Fixed a crash that occurred when destroying some growing plants
• Fixed truth table device which wasn’t working as intended
• Changed Bottomless Chest UI color to match the graphics
• Fixed some weapons which had wrong animations
• Fixed some graphical glitches
• Fixed hacked item stacks larger than 999 items which could crash the game
• Added an option to show help for some items in their tooltips
• Changed double confirmation dialogs to be more secure
• Added haptic effects! (you can toggle them from Options->Interface) (iOS only)
• Chest Interface now is twice as big for better organization (on devices which fit it) (iOS only)
• Added iPhone XR and iPhone XS Max support for larger displays! (iOS only)
Welcome to Junk Jack 3.2 Pet Hunt Update!
This patch adds 75 fancy rare pocket pets in all worlds which can be captured, hunt ‘em all! We’ve also added the Junk Machine, used to recycle your crafts and get new items and rare loot. Plus there are now new breedable chihuahua and hamster pets, many new features and cool items to discover, an habanero plant used to craft habanero bombs and soup, craftable concussion bombs and new rare cards used to craft pocket uber mob pets are included too. Plus many more cool things to discover and small tweaks!
Happy mining (and hunting!)
- Added 75 Rare fancy pets on all planets, hunt ‘em all!
- New craftable sharpening stones, use them to repair your tools!
- New hamster cage
- New hamster pets, capture and breed them!
- Added breedable chihuahua pets!
- More blocks can now be painted
- Uber mob altars will now drop rare cards
- Combine the cards to craft unique uber mob pets
- You can also use cards as trinkets which will give you unique powers
- Valentine chests have been removed from planets
- Junk machine! Use it to recycle your crafts to get new materials and items!
- Totem spawn chance has been increased on all planets
- New habanero orange plant
- New habanero soup recipe
- New craftable habanero bombs!
- New craftable concussion bombs!
- New pocket Crosshair pet, paying homage to Junk Jack Original graphics!
- Animals will now create dung, which you can use to fertilize plants
- New craftable Pickaxe of the Giants!
- Craftable torch in a bottle which can be placed underwater
- New rare blocks can now be found on all planets
- New homage pixelated stone block which pays homage to a very known sandbox game!
- New CGA retro block
- New Tretis block!
- Added craftable vine ladders
- Added rare outline armor to give Jack an unique look!
- Added rare retro armor to give Jack a retro look!
- New droppable baseball bat weapon
- New poo head fancy equip piece
- New eye head fancy equip piece
Hello miners, it’s Christmas once again! This update adds rare fossils on all planets which can be combined to form unique creations by assembling their pieces!
Terra is now Christmas themed with presents all over the surface which contain unique loot! Capture and breed the new reindeers, fight Christmas themed zombies and skeletons and find the new Pocket Santa pet! Last but not least Junk Jack now supports the new iPhone X screen format!
Merry Christmas by the Pixbits duo!
• Game is now optimized for iPhone X display
• Terra is now christmas themed!
• zombies and skeletons are now Christmas themed
• added presents on Terra surface which contain many cool treasures!
• new Pocket Santa pet!
• new discoverable fossils have been added on all planets!
• new breedable reindeers!
• new craftable reindeer stable!
• fixed wrong offset on some mobs
• fixed doors which weren’t blocking player in certain situations
• fixed a crash while holding on specific items in creative inventory
• fixed Pixbits Shirt and Tiny Jack which didn’t stay in inventory after quitting
• fixed minor bugs
• fixed some stability issues which could lead to random crashes while playing
• fixed some pocket pets not working correctly
Welcome to Junk Jack 3.1.2! This update is out on all platforms: Steam, Android and iOS as soon as Apple approves it!
This version adds preliminary multiplayer based on direct connections between mobile devices! It works for local networks and over internet for reachable connections. It’s cross-platform between Android and iOS!
We also gave the game a new coat of paint with many tweaks,new craftable items, huge monsters, weapons, ancient craftable pick-shovels, revamped graphics and lots of features and refinements to improve the game balance and polish.
Check out the changelog! ( Some of these features are already present in the Android 3.1.1 version)
- new Android pocket pet to celebrate the Android release of Junk Jack!
- new network advertiser to find games over local networks!
- more than 40 mobs have been redrawn from scratch!
- 12 new entirely revamped and much bigger golems!
- 12 new wearable golem heads
- new unique antique shards have been added on each planet
- use the new antique shards to craft 12 new powerful pickshovels!
- new wood and stone pedestals, use them to display your precious treasures!
- new craftable glass showcase and shelf
- new craftable flower supports
- new craftable golem pets
- new utility crates added on all worlds!
- added rotting pocket pig and sheep pets
- many balance tweaks to weapon damages
- many balance tweaks to mobs damage and health
- tweaked loot tables and general balance
- tweaked mobs health and general damage
- tweaked essential soul sword crafts
- tweaked uber mobs damage and mobs damages
- tweaked music and ambient sounds distribution on all planets
- improved statues graphics
- improved addons graphics
- improved gem torches graphics, they glow now!
- improved gardening plants graphics
- improved vases graphics
- improved furniture sets graphics
- modified crafts available by default
- new reagents have been added to alchemy
- fixed duplicate drops on some objects
- old chair can now be flipped
- gem blocks are now translucent!
- many craft tweaks and balances
- new item gather animation
- all tools and weapons have had their graphics improved
- all mobs have been revamped with new shading
- fixed pocket king slime not appearing. Now it has new graphics too!
- fully redrawn equip pieces with new shading
- player graphics have been improved
- fixed some crossbows and bows not correctly appearing when equipped
- new craftable rare golem smashers
- new craftable rare gorlem armor pieces!
- revamped craftable chests graphics
- tweaked some blocks graphics
- new library block
- new rain sound
- improved overall Terra biomes density and quality
- added rare palms in the desert biome
- added large bricks column in the stone biome on terra
- added craftable large stone bricks!
- sugar canes will now appear in Terra
- revamped stone merlons
- tweaked maximum allowed hostile mobs
- tweaked ground chests spawn rate
- new rare flowers added in the stone biome
- tweaked rare biomes occurrence on all planets
- increased default music volume
- fixed some minor graphical issues
That’s all, happy mining and thanks for your continued support!
Hello everyone, we’re proud to announce that Junk Jack for Android is out now!
The game can be considered as an early release, all features from iOS counterpart are present (except for multiplayer which is still under development) but there could be issues related to the fact that Android ecosystem has so many different devices.
Google Play link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pixbits.junkjack
Please let us know any issue you might find!
Have fun playing Junk Jack!
As we promised here it is a yummy update related to Android! More news coming soon!
Welcome to Junk Jack 3.1!
This patch adds Uber Mobs, powerful monsters that can be summoned by destroying Altars in each world. Defeat them and gather unique powerful equip and weapon sets!
We have also improved combat hit detection, added new treasures such as weapons, pocket pets, new essence swords and revamped trinkets! Worlds are more varied now with new rare biomes with chests and everything has also been fine tuned once again.
You will also find Totem pieces in all the planets which can be assembled to form a huge totem tower! Many other features and fixes have been added too. Check out the changelog below!
*The update is already out on Steam and coming in the next days for iOS!
The image shows some of the full armor sets and weapons obtainable by killing Uber Mobs! Remember to generate new worlds or you won’t find Altars.
- combat hit detection has been improved!
- revamped swing and hit sounds
- experimental: now you will be able use portals in multiplayer!
- tweaked weapon animations
- each planet will now spawn Altars: destroy them to summon powerful Uber Mobs!
- collect 12 new unique looking armor sets which are dropped from Uber Mobs!
- collect 12 new unique and powerful weapons which are dropped from Uber Mobs!
- 30 new rate pocket pets!
- totems have been added! Collect and assemble totems from all the planets
- some rare treasures became pocket pets
- some rare treasures now became fancy weapons
- new essences treasure graphics
- revamped ethereal essence trinkets with improved stats
- craft ethereal swords by forging them with precious metals and essences
- every planet surface will now have rare biomes with chests from the nearest planets!
- new rare chests have been added on all planet surfaces
- pocket pets icons are now integrated in the inventory just like encrusted weapons
- tweaked gem variety and density on all worlds
- tweaked mob spawning algorithm and max mob quantity
- slight tweaks to ore distributions
- added missing colored goo to craft equivalence
- added some crafts to default available crafts
- tweaked some mobs health values
- some loot table tweaks
- zombies and skeletons will now wear various helmets!
- added generic songs to all planets
- tweaked music vs ambient sound occurrence
- revamped campfire graphics
- improved terra surface variety with new biomes
- added trap chest to all planets
- fixed various reported graphical issues
- small graphical tweaks
- various bug fixes
Happy Uber Slaughtering!
Hello everyone, update time!
Here’s a sneak peek of what we’re working on: Uber Mobs!
Each planet will feature a unique Uber Mob which can be summoned by destroying its altair. These mobs are harder to kill and will drop unique rewards such as equip pieces, weapons, tools, rare materials and unique pets.
We’re also working on totems! You will be able to collect cool looking totem pieces from each planets and assemble them as a trophy for your adventures.
The upcoming update will also feature new ground biomes from the nearest planets, new collectable pets, some loot/ores rebalance and other tweaks!
Last but not least, Android development is going well! More news about the Android version of Junk Jack are coming soon!
That’s all for now!
Ho Ho Ho, it’s Christmas time! This update makes Junk Jack Christmas themed with a snow biome, presents filled with treasures and themed mobs. Decorate your home with the new ornaments, treasures, lights and much more!
By popular request we have increased tools and weapons range starting from iron and fixed many reported bugs. Thanks for your support!
Merry Christmas by the Pixbits duo!
• Terra is now christmas themed!
• zombies and skeletons are now christmas themed
• added presents with many cool treasures!
• increased range of tools/weapons
• reduced hardness of some blocks
• fixed wrong offset on some mobs
• decreased forge build time in Simple Craft mode
• slightly increased crossbow dart damage
• fixed crashes when interacting with blocks with potions which enables you tool effects
• fixed rotation of top objects which was incorrectly reset when placing a rear block
• added missing chat sound
• fixed minor bugs
Hello miners! We just released on the App Store a patch which fixes many reported issues and crashes, making the experience better and hopefully crash-free.
Now the game is named Junk Jack, as it’s our flagship product! The old Junk Jack on iOS became Junk Jack Retro with added widescreen support!
Thanks everyone for the support, we always appreciate constructive feedback.
- In-App purchases now are saved correctly between sessions.
- Fixed a crash on opening stats after using forge/chest/etc
- Fixed wrong doors behavior
- Explosive arrows won’t explode anymore in protected worlds
- Fixed a crash involving extending a piston on top of the world
- Fixed a crash happened when attacking monsters
- Long tap on backpack now toggles item tooltips on/off
- It is now possible to attack creatures with placeable items
- Fixed trap-door issues with object placements
- Added default chest treasures to Tor chests
- Tweaked pickup “pop” sounds
- Tweaked mini item stack arrow in inventory labels
- Tree leaves can now be broken with any tool effectively
- Removed life leech from some weapons
- Polearms are now held correctly in your hand
- Fixed minor graphical issues on some blocks