Hello miners, it’s Christmas once again! This update adds rare fossils on all planets which can be combined to form unique creations by assembling their pieces!
Terra is now Christmas themed with presents all over the surface which contain unique loot! Capture and breed the new reindeers, fight Christmas themed zombies and skeletons and find the new Pocket Santa pet! Last but not least Junk Jack now supports the new iPhone X screen format!
Merry Christmas by the Pixbits duo!
• Game is now optimized for iPhone X display
• Terra is now christmas themed!
• zombies and skeletons are now Christmas themed
• added presents on Terra surface which contain many cool treasures!
• new Pocket Santa pet!
• new discoverable fossils have been added on all planets!
• new breedable reindeers!
• new craftable reindeer stable!
• fixed wrong offset on some mobs
• fixed doors which weren’t blocking player in certain situations
• fixed a crash while holding on specific items in creative inventory
• fixed Pixbits Shirt and Tiny Jack which didn’t stay in inventory after quitting
• fixed minor bugs
• fixed some stability issues which could lead to random crashes while playing
• fixed some pocket pets not working correctly
Welcome to Junk Jack 3.1.2! This update is out on all platforms: Steam, Android and iOS as soon as Apple approves it!
This version adds preliminary multiplayer based on direct connections between mobile devices! It works for local networks and over internet for reachable connections. It’s cross-platform between Android and iOS!
We also gave the game a new coat of paint with many tweaks,new craftable items, huge monsters, weapons, ancient craftable pick-shovels, revamped graphics and lots of features and refinements to improve the game balance and polish.
Check out the changelog! ( Some of these features are already present in the Android 3.1.1 version)
- new Android pocket pet to celebrate the Android release of Junk Jack!
- new network advertiser to find games over local networks!
- more than 40 mobs have been redrawn from scratch!
- 12 new entirely revamped and much bigger golems!
- 12 new wearable golem heads
- new unique antique shards have been added on each planet
- use the new antique shards to craft 12 new powerful pickshovels!
- new wood and stone pedestals, use them to display your precious treasures!
- new craftable glass showcase and shelf
- new craftable flower supports
- new craftable golem pets
- new utility crates added on all worlds!
- added rotting pocket pig and sheep pets
- many balance tweaks to weapon damages
- many balance tweaks to mobs damage and health
- tweaked loot tables and general balance
- tweaked mobs health and general damage
- tweaked essential soul sword crafts
- tweaked uber mobs damage and mobs damages
- tweaked music and ambient sounds distribution on all planets
- improved statues graphics
- improved addons graphics
- improved gem torches graphics, they glow now!
- improved gardening plants graphics
- improved vases graphics
- improved furniture sets graphics
- modified crafts available by default
- new reagents have been added to alchemy
- fixed duplicate drops on some objects
- old chair can now be flipped
- gem blocks are now translucent!
- many craft tweaks and balances
- new item gather animation
- all tools and weapons have had their graphics improved
- all mobs have been revamped with new shading
- fixed pocket king slime not appearing. Now it has new graphics too!
- fully redrawn equip pieces with new shading
- player graphics have been improved
- fixed some crossbows and bows not correctly appearing when equipped
- new craftable rare golem smashers
- new craftable rare gorlem armor pieces!
- revamped craftable chests graphics
- tweaked some blocks graphics
- new library block
- new rain sound
- improved overall Terra biomes density and quality
- added rare palms in the desert biome
- added large bricks column in the stone biome on terra
- added craftable large stone bricks!
- sugar canes will now appear in Terra
- revamped stone merlons
- tweaked maximum allowed hostile mobs
- tweaked ground chests spawn rate
- new rare flowers added in the stone biome
- tweaked rare biomes occurrence on all planets
- increased default music volume
- fixed some minor graphical issues
That’s all, happy mining and thanks for your continued support!
Hello everyone, we’re proud to announce that Junk Jack for Android is out now!
The game can be considered as an early release, all features from iOS counterpart are present (except for multiplayer which is still under development) but there could be issues related to the fact that Android ecosystem has so many different devices.
Google Play link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pixbits.junkjack
Please let us know any issue you might find!
Have fun playing Junk Jack!
As we promised here it is a yummy update related to Android! More news coming soon!
Welcome to Junk Jack 3.1!
This patch adds Uber Mobs, powerful monsters that can be summoned by destroying Altars in each world. Defeat them and gather unique powerful equip and weapon sets!
We have also improved combat hit detection, added new treasures such as weapons, pocket pets, new essence swords and revamped trinkets! Worlds are more varied now with new rare biomes with chests and everything has also been fine tuned once again.
You will also find Totem pieces in all the planets which can be assembled to form a huge totem tower! Many other features and fixes have been added too. Check out the changelog below!
*The update is already out on Steam and coming in the next days for iOS!
The image shows some of the full armor sets and weapons obtainable by killing Uber Mobs! Remember to generate new worlds or you won’t find Altars.
- combat hit detection has been improved!
- revamped swing and hit sounds
- experimental: now you will be able use portals in multiplayer!
- tweaked weapon animations
- each planet will now spawn Altars: destroy them to summon powerful Uber Mobs!
- collect 12 new unique looking armor sets which are dropped from Uber Mobs!
- collect 12 new unique and powerful weapons which are dropped from Uber Mobs!
- 30 new rate pocket pets!
- totems have been added! Collect and assemble totems from all the planets
- some rare treasures became pocket pets
- some rare treasures now became fancy weapons
- new essences treasure graphics
- revamped ethereal essence trinkets with improved stats
- craft ethereal swords by forging them with precious metals and essences
- every planet surface will now have rare biomes with chests from the nearest planets!
- new rare chests have been added on all planet surfaces
- pocket pets icons are now integrated in the inventory just like encrusted weapons
- tweaked gem variety and density on all worlds
- tweaked mob spawning algorithm and max mob quantity
- slight tweaks to ore distributions
- added missing colored goo to craft equivalence
- added some crafts to default available crafts
- tweaked some mobs health values
- some loot table tweaks
- zombies and skeletons will now wear various helmets!
- added generic songs to all planets
- tweaked music vs ambient sound occurrence
- revamped campfire graphics
- improved terra surface variety with new biomes
- added trap chest to all planets
- fixed various reported graphical issues
- small graphical tweaks
- various bug fixes
Happy Uber Slaughtering!
Hello everyone, update time!
Here’s a sneak peek of what we’re working on: Uber Mobs!
Each planet will feature a unique Uber Mob which can be summoned by destroying its altair. These mobs are harder to kill and will drop unique rewards such as equip pieces, weapons, tools, rare materials and unique pets.
We’re also working on totems! You will be able to collect cool looking totem pieces from each planets and assemble them as a trophy for your adventures.
The upcoming update will also feature new ground biomes from the nearest planets, new collectable pets, some loot/ores rebalance and other tweaks!
Last but not least, Android development is going well! More news about the Android version of Junk Jack are coming soon!
That’s all for now!
Ho Ho Ho, it’s Christmas time! This update makes Junk Jack Christmas themed with a snow biome, presents filled with treasures and themed mobs. Decorate your home with the new ornaments, treasures, lights and much more!
By popular request we have increased tools and weapons range starting from iron and fixed many reported bugs. Thanks for your support!
Merry Christmas by the Pixbits duo!
• Terra is now christmas themed!
• zombies and skeletons are now christmas themed
• added presents with many cool treasures!
• increased range of tools/weapons
• reduced hardness of some blocks
• fixed wrong offset on some mobs
• decreased forge build time in Simple Craft mode
• slightly increased crossbow dart damage
• fixed crashes when interacting with blocks with potions which enables you tool effects
• fixed rotation of top objects which was incorrectly reset when placing a rear block
• added missing chat sound
• fixed minor bugs
Hello miners! We just released on the App Store a patch which fixes many reported issues and crashes, making the experience better and hopefully crash-free.
Now the game is named Junk Jack, as it’s our flagship product! The old Junk Jack on iOS became Junk Jack Retro with added widescreen support!
Thanks everyone for the support, we always appreciate constructive feedback.
- In-App purchases now are saved correctly between sessions.
- Fixed a crash on opening stats after using forge/chest/etc
- Fixed wrong doors behavior
- Explosive arrows won’t explode anymore in protected worlds
- Fixed a crash involving extending a piston on top of the world
- Fixed a crash happened when attacking monsters
- Long tap on backpack now toggles item tooltips on/off
- It is now possible to attack creatures with placeable items
- Fixed trap-door issues with object placements
- Added default chest treasures to Tor chests
- Tweaked pickup “pop” sounds
- Tweaked mini item stack arrow in inventory labels
- Tree leaves can now be broken with any tool effectively
- Removed life leech from some weapons
- Polearms are now held correctly in your hand
- Fixed minor graphical issues on some blocks
Welcome to Junk Jack X 3.0!
This is our biggest update yet, it includes months of work and brings all the new features and improvements from our PC/Mac version to iOS. The changes are too many to list here, but we’ll try to mention at least the major changes below here!
There is a downside though: unfortunately we had to change the whole engine, this makes actual worlds and player incompatible, forcing you to start a new game to experience the new patch. Old worlds and players won’t be deleted but they’ll become unaccessible from the game.
** PLEASE NOTE THAT UPDATING THE GAME WILL MEAN A FRESH START WITH NEW PLAYERS AND NEW WORLDS **
We sincerely hope you understand, sorry for any trouble this may cause.
This is the only choice we had, the only alternative would have been to sell a different game under the same brand which wasn’t acceptable for us.
• All new Junk Jack logo!
• More than 250 new rare treasures: happy hunting!
• All planets have been overhauled with new graphics, content, biomes and tweaks to make them more fun and varied.
• New planet reachable from Mykon: Tor!
• More than 20 new Tor monsters!
• More than 40 new slimes different for each planet
• Added a collections view which will track all the things you gathered while playing: rare treasures, fancy equips, fish, cooking recipes
• Added scrolling to super minimap
• Super mini map will only show discovered areas
• New procedural part engine for mobs: many mobs will now have random parts attached!
• Explosive arrows!
• Each slime type has its own unique behavior
• New king slime mobs!
• Many mobs have been redrawn from scratch
• New weapons, armor, trinkets can be found in Tor
• New pocket pets, statues, fish, objects, blocks and so on!
• New world sizes options
• Added customisation options for world creations also for adventure mode
• Tweaked treasures and ores distribution
• Dozens of new placeable blocks and objects!
• Added objects and blocks to creative
• Added a new actuator: piston block! It’s able to push players, mobs and items by extending and also behaves as a bridge or one-way door according to rotation
• Added a new actuator: advanced pressure pad! It’s like the normal pressure pad but it’s able to detect mobs too
• Added a new actuator: retractable block! it’s a block that becomes solid when activated and blocks light, movement and liquids
• Trapdoors now behave as devices and can be opened and closed with electronics signal
• Health bars of creatures have been added
• Improved overall game difficulty balance
• Rebalanced food heal values
• Rebalanced potions heal values
• Tweaked treasures drop rates on all planets
• Tweaked chest treasures drop rate
• Tweaked portal chests spawn rate
• Tweaked crates seeds drop rate
• Tweaked mobs health and hit values
• Added many utility crates in the world
• Added dangerous spikes on end game planets
• Portal chests now emit light
• Two new types of wood have been added
• Additionally tweaked light thresholds for mob spawning
• Add-ons now have default crafts available
• 6 new wood crossbows, each one with different bullet and fire speed stats
• New craftable slingshot which throws tiny rocks
• New detailed tool and weapons graphics, with custom animations
• New bows graphics
• New craftable colored goo torches
• Objects and blocks can now be placed on small objects without the need to break them first
• It is now possible to place blocks behind objects without breaking them first
• Fancy trinket slot is now considered for pet summon and will take priority if a pocket pet trinket is present in that slot
• Added Ninja Potion which alters throw speed and power
• New ambient sounds and sound effects
• New music tracks have been added to Terra
• A new manly hurt sound has been added
• New liquid graphics
That’s not all! We made dozens of other tweaks and bug fixes to improve the game experience, we hope you will enjoy the new Junk Jack X 3.0!
Hello! Today we’re releasing a big content patch which adds more than 250 treasures to be discovered, we call it the treasure hunt season! We also added a new end game planet named Tor, which can be reached from Mykon, with lots of new monsters, equip pieces, treasures and blocks. Planets have been tweaked and should be more varied and fun to explore, we redrawn a lot of mobs and made many balance tweaks and bug fixes.
We’re quite satisfied with the progress made to the game and we think the game is mature enough to be released in full form on Steam, so please let us know what you think of this patch!
After the release we’ll continue with the updates, to improve Junk Jack even more.
Happy treasure hunting!
- treasure hunt season is now open! We added more than 250 unique rare treasures in chests. Happy hunting!
- new planet reachable from Mykon: Tor! Make sure to generate a new Mykon Adventure or you won’t find the new portals
- planets surfaces, graphics and biomes have been revamped and are now more varied and fun to explore
- many new blocks and discoverable treasures can be found on Tor
- dozens of new blocks and treasures!
- more than 20 new monsters!
- lots of new weapons, armor and other equip pieces can be dropped from Tor monsters
- 10 new fish types
- 12 new statues
- new pocket pets!
- two new types of wood with their relative crafts and weapons have been added: Green and Ebony wood
- new rare manufacts have been added, older ones will be converted to the newer ones
- all rare weapons now have custom animation, speed and knockback values
- many walking mobs have been redrawn from scratch
- many new blocks, decos and objects have been added on all planets
- added many missing objects and blocks to creative
- each add-on has now some crafts available by default
- added starter crates near the surface
- tweaked ores distribution
- tweaked treasures distribution tables
- rebalanced food heal values
- rebalanced potions heal values
- tweaked mobs health and hit values
- tweaked mobs bounding boxes, now they should stuck less between blocks
- decreased healing potions drop chance from mobs
- crates can now rarely drop iron lumps
- water won’t spawn floating on ground anymore
- new in use symbol on objects
- tweaked portal chests distribution
- slightly increased crates distribution
- added rare chests and pots on planets surface
- removed workbench requirement for stone tools
- decreased weapons drop chance from chests
- increased salt and sulphur rates on some planets
- decreased hard rocks distribution on planets
- reduced vases on all planets
- added dangerous spikes and ice on end game planets
- new liquid graphics
- new hurt sound!
- new dirt sounds have been added
- most hit sounds had their volume corrected
- tweaked mobs spawn rates
- fixed some minor graphical glitches
- import craftbook/potions from other players
- fixed bug with stackable objects improperly loaded from player save
- fixed sticky bullets in multiplayer on clients
- fixed sticky bullets from mobs which were damaging player when unintended
- fixed durability glitch which affected stacks split with shift+click
- added scroll wheel to changelog view
- added portals Yuca -> Magmar
- fix to music that was abruptly changing / stopping when unintended
- increased silence time between songs
- fixed crashes related to interaction at top of the world
- fixed some small glitches in physics engine
- many bug fixes and tweaks not listed here!