Hi everyone, Apple has just approved the Junk Jack X Thanksgiving update.
This version adds the thanksgiving spirit to the game you love with new seasonal features, mobs and treasures, plus everything from the past year.
We also added the usual bunch of bugfixes ;)
Happy Thanksgiving by the Pixbits Duo!
Here are the new features:
- New Dyeable Wood Panels – build a barn with them!
- New rare Barn Wood Support
- New rare Sloped Barn Roof
- New Night Owl Mob
- New Pocket Owl rare pet
- New Pocket Turkey rare pet
- New craftable Hay Bale block
- New Night Owl rare trinket
- New rare owl treasure
- New replantable Orange Dahlia flower
- New Thanksgiving Zombie mob which drops a rare themed “weapon”
- Last but not least autumn is back on Terra together with all the rare loots and treasures that can be found in the Cornucopia Chest!
- Rain sound won’t stop anymore after being far from the surface and coming back up
- Fixed iPhone6 Plus zoomed mode which wasn’t working as expected
- Fixed a crash that occurred when encrusting/wrapping items with gems without simple craft
- Fixed a crash that occurred frequently with forges when hosting a multiplayer game
- Fixed a bug which didn’t update the item in player hand if involved in a trade
- Fixed a misbehavior in renaming algorithm which could cause crash issues
- Grass now grows on Yuca light green dirt blocks
More news soon!
Hi fellow miners!
The Junk Jack 1.2.3 Christmas update has been submitted to Apple!
It features new mobs, blocks, hats, achievements, themed stuff, weapons, crafts and much more :)
Here is the changelog:
• 4 hats have been added to the shop
• 10 new achievements!
• New craftable curing star
• The world has now a snowy appearance!
• New ice block
• Revamped Snow Bricks
• Revamped Snow Blocks
• Trees are now covered in snow!
• New throwable snow ball
• New rare placeable christmas tree can be found underground
• New christmas decorations can be found underground
• New placeable christmas bells craft
• New placeable christmas balls craft
• Brown Bears are back with revamped graphics!
• New white bear mob
• New big penguin mob
• New small penguin mob
• New frosty mob
• New falling star mob
• New placeable butcher’s broom!
• New placeable christmas candles
• New ice arrows, freeze monsters with them
• New ice shurikens, used to freeze mobs
• New ice sword weapon
• New Bear Claw weapon
• New placeable christmas light bulbs
• New placeable hanging star
• New craftable christmas chest
• New craftable frosty head
• New revamped placeable snow man
• New christmas biscuits and more than 10 christmas treasures
• New wrapped paper craft, use it to wrap blocks and give them a christmas look!
• Bonedust has a chance to force the growth of a plant when used on it
• It’s now possible to jump from the top of a ladder or a bridge
• It’s now possible to jump vertically from beneath a bridge
• Some wood objects have a new wood break sound
• Fireplace has now christmas socks on it
• Zombie and skeletons are now Christmas themed!
• Physics engine has been tweaked to work seamlessly on older devices (no more slides of entities anymore)
• Sloped block crafts now require a workbench
• Climb movement is slightly faster
• Fixed jump animation frames
• Blocks that yield fruits cannot be broken with bare hands anymore
• Removing fruits from trees and items from shelves now is possible only with bare hands but from any distance
• Fixed a bug that caused crashes with quickslots that were emptied and filled again
• Fixed a bug that caused ghost items to remain in a quickslot
• Fixed the bug which made the character float when sliding during explosions
• Most sounds now are faded according to the player position
• Hurt effect on player now has the correct brightness according to his tile
• Pumpkin skin graphical hand glitch has been fixed
• Now TNT has a special graphical variant when ignited
• Fixed a bug that kept TNT on basalt blocks after explosion
• Removing a deco from a tile doesn’t start to break it anymore
• Tilling an untilled dirt block doesn’t start to break it anymore
• Trees have been mildly revamped
• Naturally growing leaves and blue leaves are now non solid blocks
• Placing an item on a shelf will place the same variant that you have in your inventory
• Dead tree now makes correct sound when hit
• Fixed a bug which made fruits on trees glitch their hanging status
• Now climbable vines correctly updates their sprites when destroyed
• Some jungle decorations now correctly allow treasures and mob inside them
• Chairs and tables can now be correctly placed without a background block
• Dark stone can now be mined just with its correct tool
• Fixed compact sand hardness
• Fixed compact sand wrong footstep sound
• Fixed bamboo bridge wrong sounds
• Increased Wood Fence craft output to 2
• Slightly increased sapling drop rate on trees
We’ll let you know when Apple approves it!
We are happy to announce that the new long awaited Junk Jack Univeral Update is out!
Here is the Appstore link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/junk-jack/id436555490
A new trailer that shows the improved graphics, gameplay and the new features will come soon, but in the meantime you can check out those cool screenshots:
Hi guys, the 1.1 update with universal support, new monsters, revamped graphics, a faster engine, cooking and farming has been submitted to Apple!
Here is the changelog:
• Universal Version
• New rare weapon drops
• New Stone Golem mob!
• New Mummy Pharaoh mob!
• New Carnivore Plant mob!
• New Blue Scarab mob!
• New Frog mob!
• New Spider type, found in the jungle biome
• New Zombie type, found in the mushroom biome
• New Headless Zombie mob!
• New Zombie Head mob!
• Slightly decreased block size
• Revamped Egypt Biome!
• Revamped Column Biome!
• Revamped Jungle Biome!
• New Black Sheep mob!
• New Brown Sheep mob!
• Some treasures will now yield appropriate colour dyes when crafted near a spinning wheel
• 15 new color dyes can now be used to tint cloth blocks!
• 120 new recipes for cookable foods!
• New cooking pot craftable addon
• New cooking ware craftable addon
• Craftable scarecrow
• Craftable hoe!
• Plantable apple tree
• Plantable lemon tree
• Plantable orange tree
• Plantable cherry tree
• Plantable banana tree
• Plantable pear tree
• Plantable cocoa tree
• Plantable sugar cane
• Plantable strawberry plant
• Plantable eggplant plant which requires a wood support
• Plantable grapevines which requires a wood support
• Plantable tomato which requires a wood support
• Plantable canadia (exotic plant)
• Plantable melon plant
• Plantable watermelon plant
• Plantable corn plant
• Plantable blueberry plant
• Plantable blackberry plant
• Plantable onions
• Plantable carrots
• Plantable pumpkin plant
• Plantable wheat
• Every plant yelds the relative fruit and sapling/sprout
• Palm trees (replantable) that yield coconuts
• Tabs for categories in the craftbook
• Items on shelves blocks are now visible in minimap
• Custom craft grid backgrounds according to nearby addons
• Apples will no longer spawn on normal trees because there is the specific apple tree now
• Added footstep sound when reaching the floor after a fall
• Death penalty will now drop all your items with the exeption of quickslots, but no item is lost, just dropped
• Adjusted minimum tool requirement for biome blocks
• When a tool is broken it will now emit a sound
• Grass won’t spawn on snow blocks at map generation anymore
• Raw wood can be placed as a block now
• Now tools dropped from blocks will be correctly gathered in inventory
• The super minimap graphics is more polished now
• 5 new achievements
• Revised power of some swords and tools
• Revamped Giant Skull Graphics
• Walking mobs try to be smarter, they can even dash blocks from time to time
• Tweaked some map generator settings
• The graphics of most blocks is more polished now.
• Peaceful mobs will now spawn just normal terrain and not on crafted blocks
• Reduced world save file size by roughly 50%
• Graphical glitches (lines between tiles or thin black lines on surface) have been fixed
• Optimized shadow engine
• Rewrote inventory dragging algorithm: now you won’t miss drags and it will be a lot faster on older devices
• Depth testing algorithm has been optimized, now it saves up to 30-40% of drawn sprites (especially on new generated maps)
• Tweaked older foods health bonus
• Changed roasted meat crafts
• Changed crafts for old foods
• Christmas tree statue can be found again with other christmas themed items from snow themed blocks (small chance like with 1.0.5)
• Decoration blocks (eg. curtains, half blocks) can now be properly placed on sand (and on other blocks which didn’t allow them)
• Maximum stack count is now 65535, any item over this amount will be lost during merging (but no crashes anymore)
• Item on shelves will retain uses count and data values (craftnotes, for example, won’t lose their number)
• Gold Hammer now correctly has a range of 3 blocks (instead of 2)
• Dark stone/Obsidian veins can now be destroyed with TNT (and not with tools anymore)
• It’s possible to obtain a bucket of milk from cows while tapping them with an empty bucket in hand
• It’s now possible to break allowed blocks on top layer with every item selected in quickslot
• Now thrown items will be launched from player position instead that from the block in which he is
• Now game interface won’t halt if you have in-app purchases disabled and you click on shop
• Planted trees will have some variation in height (not all equal anymore)
• Cacti graphics has been revamped to a thinner version (more coherent)
• Now bamboo plants drop sprouts that can be used to replant them
• Mob Spawner has been improved to parametrically handle groups of different mobs with same spawning flags
• Mob Spawner can now handle the likehood of mobs to spawn on same biome (this allows fine tuning of which mobs are more likely to spawn)
• Decoration blocks removed by hammer will be pushed outside the block, if space is available
• Footsteps on half blocks are now correct and related to the half block and not to the real one
• Below attached blocks don’t get destroyed recursively from a bridge
• Slain achievements should now be properly unlocked by correct creature type
• Optimized world structure in memory, now it uses ~30% less RAM for the world
That’s all… for now!
Hi guys, we have just submitted the new Junk Jack update to Apple!
Here is the changelog:
• Craftable jigsaw puzzle!
• Junk Jack Shop! (buy small things to support the developers)
• Attack visibility toward mobs (experimental)
• Walking behavior for mobs
• Writable signs
• New mob: maya zombie!
• New mob: mummy!
• New mob: zombies!
• New mob: skeletons!
• New mob: mother dynaslime!
• New mob: dynaslime!
• New mob: meat launching zombies!
• New mob: skeleton bomber!
• New skeleton statue (hard to craft)
• New zombie statue (hard to craft)
• Wild boar goulash can now be crafted
• Dead tree saplings!
• New craftable cottage pavement
• New craftable cottage bricks
• New craftable roof tiles
• Delicious cactus soup can now be crafted
• It’s now possible to sleep in bed during night to reach dawn quickly
• You can hold on switch page button in craftbook to quickly navigate it
• It’s possible to remove placeable decorations (like half blocks or TNT) from blocks with a hammer
• Plantable papyri
• It’s now possible to attack mobs with every object in your hands
• Revamped the graphics of the jumping skull and bone loots
• Game Center button replaced the unstuck feature
• New Cobblestone texture (again!)
• Treasures are pushed out (if possible) of blocks that are filled by placing solid blocks
• Optimized map generation (it will be generally faster)
• Optimized the whole engine (everything will be faster, especially on older devices)
• Now splitting an item with multiple variants can yield them randomly
• Brand new logo!
• Wool now makes the correct sound when walking on it
• Fixed a bug that allowed to exploit bridges to climb fast
• Hell blocks with slabs can be properly broken again
• Bookshelves are now a solid block
• Biome dirt blocks no longer drop also normal dirt
• 19 achievements implemented
• Removed cigarette from Jack’s mouth (he quit smoking!)
• Super zoom cooldown removed (now you can go back and forth freely)
• Throw mechanics with tap for explosives (not hold)
• Bridges attached to growing trees now fall down when leaf block grows
• Friendly Mobs no longer drop healing potions
• Clay blocks in the craftbook reflect the new clay style
• Main Menu is no longer christmas themed
• Jack has put his christmas suit in the closet
• Plate rocks no longer drops also normal rocks
• Crafting 9 nails into an iron ingot now requires a Forge (as shown in craftbook) and not an Anvil anymore
• Now you can trash items also by pressing trash button while an item is selected (no need to drag)
• Wood Door doesn’t have a chance to break anymore
• Item amount dropped from craftable chests when broken is now retained (you won’t lose items anymore)
• Now a block in the back layer can be broken directly after having placed it
• Pause menu doesn’t disappear anymore upon device lock/autolock
• Recursive destruction of ladders/bridges shouldn’t have glitches anymore
• Now opened trapdoors with ladders overlapped allow falling of items/mobs
• Now trapdoors disallow exit of mobs/items from below when closed
• Tapping a trapdoor overlapped with a ladder with bare hands shouldn’t crash the game anymore
• Fixed a bug through which Jack could get stuck into blocks (no need for unstuck button anymore!)
• Used items shouldn’t remain in quickslots as ghost items anymore
• Climb animation is now fixed when started by jumping up to a hanging ladder
• Climb animation animation on ladders over bridges is now fixed
• Quickslot is preserved while opening/closing inventory if a new one is not selected
• Fixed a lighting bug that occurred when placing a light over a daylit block, covering it and then digging right below it
That’s all! :)