Welcome to Junk Jack 3.2 Pet Hunt Update!
This patch adds 75 fancy rare pocket pets in all worlds which can be captured, hunt ‘em all! We’ve also added the Junk Machine, used to recycle your crafts and get new items and rare loot. Plus there are now new breedable chihuahua and hamster pets, many new features and cool items to discover, an habanero plant used to craft habanero bombs and soup, craftable concussion bombs and new rare cards used to craft pocket uber mob pets are included too. Plus many more cool things to discover and small tweaks!
Happy mining (and hunting!)
- Added 75 Rare fancy pets on all planets, hunt ‘em all!
- New craftable sharpening stones, use them to repair your tools!
- New hamster cage
- New hamster pets, capture and breed them!
- Added breedable chihuahua pets!
- More blocks can now be painted
- Uber mob altars will now drop rare cards
- Combine the cards to craft unique uber mob pets
- You can also use cards as trinkets which will give you unique powers
- Valentine chests have been removed from planets
- Junk machine! Use it to recycle your crafts to get new materials and items!
- Totem spawn chance has been increased on all planets
- New habanero orange plant
- New habanero soup recipe
- New craftable habanero bombs!
- New craftable concussion bombs!
- New pocket Crosshair pet, paying homage to Junk Jack Original graphics!
- Animals will now create dung, which you can use to fertilize plants
- New craftable Pickaxe of the Giants!
- Craftable torch in a bottle which can be placed underwater
- New rare blocks can now be found on all planets
- New homage pixelated stone block which pays homage to a very known sandbox game!
- New CGA retro block
- New Tretis block!
- Added craftable vine ladders
- Added rare outline armor to give Jack an unique look!
- Added rare retro armor to give Jack a retro look!
- New droppable baseball bat weapon
- New poo head fancy equip piece
- New eye head fancy equip piece
Welcome to Junk Jack X 3.0!
This is our biggest update yet, it includes months of work and brings all the new features and improvements from our PC/Mac version to iOS. The changes are too many to list here, but we’ll try to mention at least the major changes below here!
There is a downside though: unfortunately we had to change the whole engine, this makes actual worlds and player incompatible, forcing you to start a new game to experience the new patch. Old worlds and players won’t be deleted but they’ll become unaccessible from the game.
** PLEASE NOTE THAT UPDATING THE GAME WILL MEAN A FRESH START WITH NEW PLAYERS AND NEW WORLDS **
We sincerely hope you understand, sorry for any trouble this may cause.
This is the only choice we had, the only alternative would have been to sell a different game under the same brand which wasn’t acceptable for us.
• All new Junk Jack logo!
• More than 250 new rare treasures: happy hunting!
• All planets have been overhauled with new graphics, content, biomes and tweaks to make them more fun and varied.
• New planet reachable from Mykon: Tor!
• More than 20 new Tor monsters!
• More than 40 new slimes different for each planet
• Added a collections view which will track all the things you gathered while playing: rare treasures, fancy equips, fish, cooking recipes
• Added scrolling to super minimap
• Super mini map will only show discovered areas
• New procedural part engine for mobs: many mobs will now have random parts attached!
• Explosive arrows!
• Each slime type has its own unique behavior
• New king slime mobs!
• Many mobs have been redrawn from scratch
• New weapons, armor, trinkets can be found in Tor
• New pocket pets, statues, fish, objects, blocks and so on!
• New world sizes options
• Added customisation options for world creations also for adventure mode
• Tweaked treasures and ores distribution
• Dozens of new placeable blocks and objects!
• Added objects and blocks to creative
• Added a new actuator: piston block! It’s able to push players, mobs and items by extending and also behaves as a bridge or one-way door according to rotation
• Added a new actuator: advanced pressure pad! It’s like the normal pressure pad but it’s able to detect mobs too
• Added a new actuator: retractable block! it’s a block that becomes solid when activated and blocks light, movement and liquids
• Trapdoors now behave as devices and can be opened and closed with electronics signal
• Health bars of creatures have been added
• Improved overall game difficulty balance
• Rebalanced food heal values
• Rebalanced potions heal values
• Tweaked treasures drop rates on all planets
• Tweaked chest treasures drop rate
• Tweaked portal chests spawn rate
• Tweaked crates seeds drop rate
• Tweaked mobs health and hit values
• Added many utility crates in the world
• Added dangerous spikes on end game planets
• Portal chests now emit light
• Two new types of wood have been added
• Additionally tweaked light thresholds for mob spawning
• Add-ons now have default crafts available
• 6 new wood crossbows, each one with different bullet and fire speed stats
• New craftable slingshot which throws tiny rocks
• New detailed tool and weapons graphics, with custom animations
• New bows graphics
• New craftable colored goo torches
• Objects and blocks can now be placed on small objects without the need to break them first
• It is now possible to place blocks behind objects without breaking them first
• Fancy trinket slot is now considered for pet summon and will take priority if a pocket pet trinket is present in that slot
• Added Ninja Potion which alters throw speed and power
• New ambient sounds and sound effects
• New music tracks have been added to Terra
• A new manly hurt sound has been added
• New liquid graphics
That’s not all! We made dozens of other tweaks and bug fixes to improve the game experience, we hope you will enjoy the new Junk Jack X 3.0!
Hello! Today we’re releasing a big content patch which adds more than 250 treasures to be discovered, we call it the treasure hunt season! We also added a new end game planet named Tor, which can be reached from Mykon, with lots of new monsters, equip pieces, treasures and blocks. Planets have been tweaked and should be more varied and fun to explore, we redrawn a lot of mobs and made many balance tweaks and bug fixes.
We’re quite satisfied with the progress made to the game and we think the game is mature enough to be released in full form on Steam, so please let us know what you think of this patch!
After the release we’ll continue with the updates, to improve Junk Jack even more.
Happy treasure hunting!
- treasure hunt season is now open! We added more than 250 unique rare treasures in chests. Happy hunting!
- new planet reachable from Mykon: Tor! Make sure to generate a new Mykon Adventure or you won’t find the new portals
- planets surfaces, graphics and biomes have been revamped and are now more varied and fun to explore
- many new blocks and discoverable treasures can be found on Tor
- dozens of new blocks and treasures!
- more than 20 new monsters!
- lots of new weapons, armor and other equip pieces can be dropped from Tor monsters
- 10 new fish types
- 12 new statues
- new pocket pets!
- two new types of wood with their relative crafts and weapons have been added: Green and Ebony wood
- new rare manufacts have been added, older ones will be converted to the newer ones
- all rare weapons now have custom animation, speed and knockback values
- many walking mobs have been redrawn from scratch
- many new blocks, decos and objects have been added on all planets
- added many missing objects and blocks to creative
- each add-on has now some crafts available by default
- added starter crates near the surface
- tweaked ores distribution
- tweaked treasures distribution tables
- rebalanced food heal values
- rebalanced potions heal values
- tweaked mobs health and hit values
- tweaked mobs bounding boxes, now they should stuck less between blocks
- decreased healing potions drop chance from mobs
- crates can now rarely drop iron lumps
- water won’t spawn floating on ground anymore
- new in use symbol on objects
- tweaked portal chests distribution
- slightly increased crates distribution
- added rare chests and pots on planets surface
- removed workbench requirement for stone tools
- decreased weapons drop chance from chests
- increased salt and sulphur rates on some planets
- decreased hard rocks distribution on planets
- reduced vases on all planets
- added dangerous spikes and ice on end game planets
- new liquid graphics
- new hurt sound!
- new dirt sounds have been added
- most hit sounds had their volume corrected
- tweaked mobs spawn rates
- fixed some minor graphical glitches
- import craftbook/potions from other players
- fixed bug with stackable objects improperly loaded from player save
- fixed sticky bullets in multiplayer on clients
- fixed sticky bullets from mobs which were damaging player when unintended
- fixed durability glitch which affected stacks split with shift+click
- added scroll wheel to changelog view
- added portals Yuca -> Magmar
- fix to music that was abruptly changing / stopping when unintended
- increased silence time between songs
- fixed crashes related to interaction at top of the world
- fixed some small glitches in physics engine
- many bug fixes and tweaks not listed here!
Ho Ho Ho! Apple has just approved Junk Jack X 2.4.8 Christmas update!
This version adds a new planet called Umbra with new mobs, treasures to discover and many mobs with unique drops, a new physics engine, a new fancy equip system, completely revamped player graphics and equip pieces, a new user interface and many fixes throughout the whole game. Zombies will also throw snowballs to you in the new Christmas themed Terra!
Merry Christmas by Pixbits!
- A new spooky planet called Umbra with new mobs, weapons, equip pieces, blocks and objects has been added
- The new planet portal chests can be found in new generated Terra worlds
- A new special flying type of monster has been added, bats!
- Terra is now christmas themed, with themed objects, treasures and a new christmas zombie mob
- more than 20 new monsters
- many new placeable objects and blocks
- many weapons to discover
- many equip pieces to discover
- 4 new unique music tracks
- fancy equip system, to dress like how you want while wearing the best armor pieces!
- physics engine has been completely rewritten to be more accurate and believable
- the new flying behavior for monsters, bat is just the first one, more will come in the future!
- the User Interface has been completely redrawn
- new more modern Junk Jack logo
- streamlined block and object removal rules accordingly to their appropriate tools
- new energy bar system which opens many possibilities for the future (currently used for underwater breath reserve)
- chest interface now has the color of the opened chest
- the main player sprite has been redrawn, with new appearance and animations
- all equip pieces are new, better looking with more details
- many small things are changed, enhanced or removed to keep consistency with the ongoing desktop version of the game
- fixed broken trading system
- fixed a multiplayer craft related to client crashing after exiting from the game
- added missing objects and mobs to creative
- added some missing crafts
- many bug fixes throughout the whole game, too many to list here!
We hope you’ll enjoy this patch! We didn’t have time to add more features but we’re working hard on the cross-platform engine for the release of the game on desktop platforms and, since we want to keep the iOS version as much coherent as possible with the other upcoming version, we had to focus a lot on things “behind the scenes”!
Hello everyone, welcome to Junk Jack X 2.4.4!
This version introduces a new gardening system: discover new flower types by combining their seeds and get more than 15000 unique plants! We also added a new planet called Mykon with new monsters, rare weapon drops, equip pieces, placeable objects and blocks. A new Tone Emitter device has been introduced to let you compose music directly inside the game! Last but not least we’re adding many bug fixes and tweaks which hopefully will improve your experience with Junk Jack X.
Check out the changelog below:
- the game is now optimized for 64 bit architecture
- new procedural plants: combine plants by mixing their seeds and obtain more than 15000 unique flowers!
- 3 new IAPs
- new Planet: Mykon!
- more than 35 new mobs
- more than 15 new weapons
- more than 25 new equip pieces
- many new plants with their relative fruits
- new rare pocket pets
- 10 new fishes
- new rare king slime pet craftable from monster drops
- new mushroom wood
- sloped blocks can now be rotated even upside-down
- the normal minimap is now a live view of the world (and not a static snapshot anymore)
- new craftable tone emitter blocks, make music with them!
- new truth table device
- different musical instruments can be set for tone emitter blocks, including chiptune sounds!
- new spider web graphics
- new king slime mobs!
- tweaked dye colours
- tweaked ground plants spawn rate on terra
- each flower will drop its relative colored petal which can be used to craft dyes
- new craftable gem torches which make colored light
- statues are now flippable with the spanner! (more things will be flippable in the future)
- new world generator allows props to be rotated into all directions making every biome much more immersive
- fixed (hopefully) fishing as clients in multiplayer
- fixed a crash related to spawner eggs thrown by an item dispenser
- fixed a bug that didn’t allow players to tap a near addon to craft things with it
- fixed crashes occurred when tapping a camp fire
- lighting on rotated blocks is now properly calculated
- fixed a crash that occurred when a client exited from a multiplayer game
- fixed lighting issues around world map wrap
- sloped blocks now respect their placement rules
- sloped blocks have been added to creative again
- colored lights are now properly shown on zoomed minimap
- fixed a crash that occurred while opening the in-game shop
- loading a world from an obsolete game version (< 2.3) now could work properly, don’t forget to always update your game and worlds!
- fixed sky appearing black on world load
- many more fixes and tweaks!
Have fun, and as always expect more news coming soon!
Hello everyone, Apple has finally approved Junk Jack 2.4.1 which fixes all the major reported bugs including:
- Multiplayer crash when connecting
- Craftnotes crash when opening them from quickslots
- Unredeemable Technician’s hat IAP
- Many more minor bug fixes and tweaks
Sorry for the trouble caused by the previous patch, unfortunately despite the beta testing these bugs managed to appear in the final version of the game.
Happy wiring everyone! 🙂
This major patch adds a whole new component to the game: ELECTRONICS! Build complex widgets and contraptions which can interact with the world. In addition to this, the lighting engine has been rewritten and enhanced to support coloured lights, which makes the game much more dynamic and fresh looking, with accordingly updated planets which are have even been revamped. The most notable changes can be seen in Terra.
Last but not least we’ve also added a whole new planet reachable from Seth, named Thetis! Explore this new aquatic world with new monsters, equip pieces, armor, fishes, weapons and new biomes with unique blocks and objects.
Have fun little inventors!
- Silicium can now be used as the main resource for electrical devices
- A FULLY FLEDGED ELECTRONICS ENGINE allows the creation of complex widgets, even complete CPUs!
- New Electrician’s Bench addon allows to craft electrical devices
- New Copper Wire and Wire Insulator items to transmit digital and analog signals
- Craftable logic gates (AND, OR, NOT, XOR, NAND, NOR, XNOR)
- Craftable latches to store values (Flip-Flop D, Flip-Flop JK)
- Craftable devices which are able to operate on analog signals (comparators, displays, …)
- Miscellaneous craftable devices to build complex contraptions (three state buffers, adc/dac converters, shift registers, …)
- Input devices to interact with circuits (levers, pressure pads, light sensors, …)
- Output devices to interact with the world (light bulbs, colored light bulbs, doors, item dispensers, …)
- A new Spanner tool which can configure and rotate electrical devices
- The Spanner tool allows also to flip selected blocks
- Doors can be flipped horizontally
- All sloped blocks can be flipped horizontally
- All right sloped blocks have been replaced to left sloped blocks in your inventories
- NEW AQUATIC PLANET reachable from Seth: Thetis
- 3 new IAPs
- Terra biomes have been revamped and improved
- Many other work in progress tweaks are being made to other planets
- The light engine has been recoded to support COLORED LIGHTS!
- New Colored Lights which give the game a new and refreshing look
- Many light sources have been tweaked accordingly
- 25 new monsters with unique loots
- 10 new fishes to fish
- 7 new trinkets
- more than 10 new equips and sets can be found in the new planet
- 6 new alien plant types
- 6 new rare statues
- 7 new weapons can be dropped from thetis monsters
- New Craftable yellow torch
- And much more!
- Portal Chests now emit light, making them easier to find
- All mobs have been shaded and have a less “flat” look
- Many slimes now split into smaller when killed
- New reagents have been added to the alchemy system
- All craftable goo torches now emit their relative colored light
- Deleting all world won’t force the creation of a new player anymore
- Degenerated buggy trees won’t be generated anymore during map creation
- Trees won’t grow anymore through blocks
- Many crashes have been fixed
- The whole engine is finally all written in C++11 language
Junk Jack X 2.3.1 St. Valentine update is out! This update adds more love to the game, including two themed mobs, new pets, treasures, and many themed placeable objects dropped from a new rare special themed chest.
Check out the changelog below!
- new Pink Valentine rabbit mob added
- new Pink Valentine pocket pet added
- new Cupid Zombie mob!
- two new trinkets have been added
- a new themed chest equip piece has been added
- a new St. Valentine themed chest can be found on terra ground
- new Themed bows and arrows
- new plant: Red Rose!
- new placeable Glowing Heart
- new rare Pocket Heart pet
- new Hanging Hearts decoration
- new placeable Red Rose Bucket
- many new St. Valentine themed treasures have been added
- two new themed paintings have been added
- fixed a wrong sound on Lilith monolith object
- now pet entity light is correctly set after a warp
- fixed a crash that occurred sometimes when unwrapping a gift
- fixed a memory leak that occurred evey time you entered a world
- added Citrine Block to creative
- fixed Dromium Spores placement issues
- added world chests to Lilith
More updates coming soon, stay tuned!
Hello everyone, Apple has just approved the Junk Jack X 2.3 Christmas update!
This version adds the Christmas mood to the game with many new craftable items, and a themed Terra world. But that’s not all, a whole new planet named Lilith has been added with more than 25 new mobs, items, weapons,equips, placeable objects and blocks, a new ore which will be used in the future for something really unique, many new rares and crafts.
And, as usual a bunch of bug fixes will make the experience better!
Merry Christmas and happy new year by the Pixbits Duo!
- Terra is now Christmas themed, with many christmas gifts on ground!
- All the christmas presents from previous year have been added again, plus much more!
- New end-game Lilith planet that can be reached from Xeno!
- New Silicium ore, which will be used in the future in a very unique way. More news coming!
- Fish more than 10 new fish types in the new planet
- 10 new replantable plant types with relative fruits
- More than 30 new mobs with their relative drops and crafts
- Many new alchemy reagents!
- Many new Lilith placeable blocks
- Lots of new placeable Lilith objects, including 6 columns
- New Moonstone material
- New Rare throwable bomb
- 6 New Rare placeable statues
- New moonstone blocks and column crafts
- 5 New Lilith pocket pets
- 4 Lilith armor sets
- 4 Lilith weapon sets
- 1 Rare Craftable Armor Set
- Many new trinkets, craftable or dropped from mobs
- Many new rare weapons
- More than 15 new crafts
- New Christmas Zombie mob
- New Placeable Hanging Tinsel
- New Placeable Hanging Snowflakes
- New Placeable Christmas Sleigh, you can sleep on it
- New Rare “weapon” (again!) dropped from Christmas Zombie Mob
- New Pocket Falling Star pet
- New Pocket Frosty pet
- Falling star will now spawn more often.
- Removed a graphic glitch from mineshaft bridge
- Fixed a crash that occurred when opening chests/forges/etc in multiplayer with a laggy connection
- Fixed dyable blocks and items that weren’t displaying correctly in super mini map
- Fixed a bug the didn’t allow some ladders to be placed on trapdoors
- Fixed a crash that could occur while taking a portal
- Fixed a crash that occurred when multiplayer was canceled halfway through connection
- Fixed a crash that occurred randomly when having stables with at least 2 mobs in the world
- Fixed wrong flags set on yuca side objects
- Added Night Owl to the creative eggs
- Fixed some wrong mob particles
- Enriched save check routines to minimize crashes during save operations
- Fixed a crash related to the update lighting algorithm on blocks of the world
- Many minor tweaks and fixes
Hi everyone, Apple has just approved the Junk Jack X Thanksgiving update.
This version adds the thanksgiving spirit to the game you love with new seasonal features, mobs and treasures, plus everything from the past year.
We also added the usual bunch of bugfixes 😉
Happy Thanksgiving by the Pixbits Duo!
Here are the new features:
- New Dyeable Wood Panels – build a barn with them!
- New rare Barn Wood Support
- New rare Sloped Barn Roof
- New Night Owl Mob
- New Pocket Owl rare pet
- New Pocket Turkey rare pet
- New craftable Hay Bale block
- New Night Owl rare trinket
- New rare owl treasure
- New replantable Orange Dahlia flower
- New Thanksgiving Zombie mob which drops a rare themed “weapon”
- Last but not least autumn is back on Terra together with all the rare loots and treasures that can be found in the Cornucopia Chest!
- Rain sound won’t stop anymore after being far from the surface and coming back up
- Fixed iPhone6 Plus zoomed mode which wasn’t working as expected
- Fixed a crash that occurred when encrusting/wrapping items with gems without simple craft
- Fixed a crash that occurred frequently with forges when hosting a multiplayer game
- Fixed a bug which didn’t update the item in player hand if involved in a trade
- Fixed a misbehavior in renaming algorithm which could cause crash issues
- Grass now grows on Yuca light green dirt blocks
More news soon!