Hello everyone, Apple has finally approved Junk Jack 2.4.1 which fixes all the major reported bugs including:
- Multiplayer crash when connecting
- Craftnotes crash when opening them from quickslots
- Unredeemable Technician’s hat IAP
- Many more minor bug fixes and tweaks
Sorry for the trouble caused by the previous patch, unfortunately despite the beta testing these bugs managed to appear in the final version of the game.
Happy wiring everyone! 🙂
This major patch adds a whole new component to the game: ELECTRONICS! Build complex widgets and contraptions which can interact with the world. In addition to this, the lighting engine has been rewritten and enhanced to support coloured lights, which makes the game much more dynamic and fresh looking, with accordingly updated planets which are have even been revamped. The most notable changes can be seen in Terra.
Last but not least we’ve also added a whole new planet reachable from Seth, named Thetis! Explore this new aquatic world with new monsters, equip pieces, armor, fishes, weapons and new biomes with unique blocks and objects.
Have fun little inventors!
- Silicium can now be used as the main resource for electrical devices
- A FULLY FLEDGED ELECTRONICS ENGINE allows the creation of complex widgets, even complete CPUs!
- New Electrician’s Bench addon allows to craft electrical devices
- New Copper Wire and Wire Insulator items to transmit digital and analog signals
- Craftable logic gates (AND, OR, NOT, XOR, NAND, NOR, XNOR)
- Craftable latches to store values (Flip-Flop D, Flip-Flop JK)
- Craftable devices which are able to operate on analog signals (comparators, displays, …)
- Miscellaneous craftable devices to build complex contraptions (three state buffers, adc/dac converters, shift registers, …)
- Input devices to interact with circuits (levers, pressure pads, light sensors, …)
- Output devices to interact with the world (light bulbs, colored light bulbs, doors, item dispensers, …)
- A new Spanner tool which can configure and rotate electrical devices
- The Spanner tool allows also to flip selected blocks
- Doors can be flipped horizontally
- All sloped blocks can be flipped horizontally
- All right sloped blocks have been replaced to left sloped blocks in your inventories
- NEW AQUATIC PLANET reachable from Seth: Thetis
- 3 new IAPs
- Terra biomes have been revamped and improved
- Many other work in progress tweaks are being made to other planets
- The light engine has been recoded to support COLORED LIGHTS!
- New Colored Lights which give the game a new and refreshing look
- Many light sources have been tweaked accordingly
- 25 new monsters with unique loots
- 10 new fishes to fish
- 7 new trinkets
- more than 10 new equips and sets can be found in the new planet
- 6 new alien plant types
- 6 new rare statues
- 7 new weapons can be dropped from thetis monsters
- New Craftable yellow torch
- And much more!
- Portal Chests now emit light, making them easier to find
- All mobs have been shaded and have a less “flat” look
- Many slimes now split into smaller when killed
- New reagents have been added to the alchemy system
- All craftable goo torches now emit their relative colored light
- Deleting all world won’t force the creation of a new player anymore
- Degenerated buggy trees won’t be generated anymore during map creation
- Trees won’t grow anymore through blocks
- Many crashes have been fixed
- The whole engine is finally all written in C++11 language
Junk Jack X 2.3.1 St. Valentine update is out! This update adds more love to the game, including two themed mobs, new pets, treasures, and many themed placeable objects dropped from a new rare special themed chest.
Check out the changelog below!
- new Pink Valentine rabbit mob added
- new Pink Valentine pocket pet added
- new Cupid Zombie mob!
- two new trinkets have been added
- a new themed chest equip piece has been added
- a new St. Valentine themed chest can be found on terra ground
- new Themed bows and arrows
- new plant: Red Rose!
- new placeable Glowing Heart
- new rare Pocket Heart pet
- new Hanging Hearts decoration
- new placeable Red Rose Bucket
- many new St. Valentine themed treasures have been added
- two new themed paintings have been added
- fixed a wrong sound on Lilith monolith object
- now pet entity light is correctly set after a warp
- fixed a crash that occurred sometimes when unwrapping a gift
- fixed a memory leak that occurred evey time you entered a world
- added Citrine Block to creative
- fixed Dromium Spores placement issues
- added world chests to Lilith
More updates coming soon, stay tuned!
Apple just approved version 1.2.4 of Junk Jack that removes the Chrismas theme (finally we’d say) and brings some minor fixes and some stuff for St Valentine!
- Removed Christmas theme and mobs
- New St. Valentine bunny!
- New rare St. Valentine Chest
- New St. Valentine Bow
- New St. Valentine Arrows
- Tiny consumable St Valentine hearts can be found in the world
- New rare Spider statue
- New rare Stone Golem statue
- New rare Worm statue
- New rare Mummy Pharaoh statue
- Falling on blocks will make the correct block sound
- The inventory outline for the cactus is now correct
- It’s possible to hold on an item in a craftbook page to open its craft page (if it’s craftable)
- It’s possible to hold on an addon label in a craftbook page to open its craft page
- Player doesn’t get stuck inside blocks anymore when placing blocks on him
- Wrapped ribbon decoration can now be placed on blocks adjacent to player
- Jungle tree now makes the right sound when hit
As you can see this update is minor compared to the huge updates we did so far, this because we’re so busy building the foundations for the sequel of Junk Jack that we simply couldn’t do better than this. We hope you understand that 🙂
Now go and update the game on your devices, have fun with Junk Jack!