We’re working hard to finish porting the game, the global status is quite promising! Although we didn’t manage before end of 2015 as we initially planned we hope to be able to start with Early Access phase shortly!
A big thing that slowed down our progress are the controls, the original game had controls optimized for touch devices, which isn’t good for a deskop game, so we worked on giving the character real physics behavior to make it more platform style, some tweaks are still to be done but the final effect is absolutely promising!
Another issue is the fact that we weren’t satisfied at all with the current tools and weapons, either aesthetically either with the mechanics, so we spent some time trying to figure how to improve the overall thing. We ended up with something that we’re sure you will enjoy, check this out:
Some inner details are still to be decided but we’re slowly finalising them!
In the Early Access phase you should expect a game that already has all the gameplay features available, but with some more delicate components still missing until we’re sure they work correctly. For example steam API integration or multiplayer, which will probably introduced some time after. This doesn’t mean that such features aren’t already implemented, but that we need time to make them work without problems!
More news coming soon!
Ho Ho Ho! Apple has just approved Junk Jack X 2.4.8 Christmas update!
This version adds a new planet called Umbra with new mobs, treasures to discover and many mobs with unique drops, a new physics engine, a new fancy equip system, completely revamped player graphics and equip pieces, a new user interface and many fixes throughout the whole game. Zombies will also throw snowballs to you in the new Christmas themed Terra!
Merry Christmas by Pixbits!
- A new spooky planet called Umbra with new mobs, weapons, equip pieces, blocks and objects has been added
- The new planet portal chests can be found in new generated Terra worlds
- A new special flying type of monster has been added, bats!
- Terra is now christmas themed, with themed objects, treasures and a new christmas zombie mob
- more than 20 new monsters
- many new placeable objects and blocks
- many weapons to discover
- many equip pieces to discover
- 4 new unique music tracks
- fancy equip system, to dress like how you want while wearing the best armor pieces!
- physics engine has been completely rewritten to be more accurate and believable
- the new flying behavior for monsters, bat is just the first one, more will come in the future!
- the User Interface has been completely redrawn
- new more modern Junk Jack logo
- streamlined block and object removal rules accordingly to their appropriate tools
- new energy bar system which opens many possibilities for the future (currently used for underwater breath reserve)
- chest interface now has the color of the opened chest
- the main player sprite has been redrawn, with new appearance and animations
- all equip pieces are new, better looking with more details
- many small things are changed, enhanced or removed to keep consistency with the ongoing desktop version of the game
- fixed broken trading system
- fixed a multiplayer craft related to client crashing after exiting from the game
- added missing objects and mobs to creative
- added some missing crafts
- many bug fixes throughout the whole game, too many to list here!
We hope you’ll enjoy this patch! We didn’t have time to add more features but we’re working hard on the cross-platform engine for the release of the game on desktop platforms and, since we want to keep the iOS version as much coherent as possible with the other upcoming version, we had to focus a lot on things “behind the scenes”!
Hello everyone, welcome to Junk Jack X 2.4.4!
This version introduces a new gardening system: discover new flower types by combining their seeds and get more than 15000 unique plants! We also added a new planet called Mykon with new monsters, rare weapon drops, equip pieces, placeable objects and blocks. A new Tone Emitter device has been introduced to let you compose music directly inside the game! Last but not least we’re adding many bug fixes and tweaks which hopefully will improve your experience with Junk Jack X.
Check out the changelog below:
- the game is now optimized for 64 bit architecture
- new procedural plants: combine plants by mixing their seeds and obtain more than 15000 unique flowers!
- 3 new IAPs
- new Planet: Mykon!
- more than 35 new mobs
- more than 15 new weapons
- more than 25 new equip pieces
- many new plants with their relative fruits
- new rare pocket pets
- 10 new fishes
- new rare king slime pet craftable from monster drops
- new mushroom wood
- sloped blocks can now be rotated even upside-down
- the normal minimap is now a live view of the world (and not a static snapshot anymore)
- new craftable tone emitter blocks, make music with them!
- new truth table device
- different musical instruments can be set for tone emitter blocks, including chiptune sounds!
- new spider web graphics
- new king slime mobs!
- tweaked dye colours
- tweaked ground plants spawn rate on terra
- each flower will drop its relative colored petal which can be used to craft dyes
- new craftable gem torches which make colored light
- statues are now flippable with the spanner! (more things will be flippable in the future)
- new world generator allows props to be rotated into all directions making every biome much more immersive
- fixed (hopefully) fishing as clients in multiplayer
- fixed a crash related to spawner eggs thrown by an item dispenser
- fixed a bug that didn’t allow players to tap a near addon to craft things with it
- fixed crashes occurred when tapping a camp fire
- lighting on rotated blocks is now properly calculated
- fixed a crash that occurred when a client exited from a multiplayer game
- fixed lighting issues around world map wrap
- sloped blocks now respect their placement rules
- sloped blocks have been added to creative again
- colored lights are now properly shown on zoomed minimap
- fixed a crash that occurred while opening the in-game shop
- loading a world from an obsolete game version (< 2.3) now could work properly, don’t forget to always update your game and worlds!
- fixed sky appearing black on world load
- many more fixes and tweaks!
Have fun, and as always expect more news coming soon!
Hello everyone, Apple has finally approved Junk Jack 2.4.1 which fixes all the major reported bugs including:
- Multiplayer crash when connecting
- Craftnotes crash when opening them from quickslots
- Unredeemable Technician’s hat IAP
- Many more minor bug fixes and tweaks
Sorry for the trouble caused by the previous patch, unfortunately despite the beta testing these bugs managed to appear in the final version of the game.
Happy wiring everyone!🙂
This major patch adds a whole new component to the game: ELECTRONICS! Build complex widgets and contraptions which can interact with the world. In addition to this, the lighting engine has been rewritten and enhanced to support coloured lights, which makes the game much more dynamic and fresh looking, with accordingly updated planets which are have even been revamped. The most notable changes can be seen in Terra.
Last but not least we’ve also added a whole new planet reachable from Seth, named Thetis! Explore this new aquatic world with new monsters, equip pieces, armor, fishes, weapons and new biomes with unique blocks and objects.
Have fun little inventors!
- Silicium can now be used as the main resource for electrical devices
- A FULLY FLEDGED ELECTRONICS ENGINE allows the creation of complex widgets, even complete CPUs!
- New Electrician’s Bench addon allows to craft electrical devices
- New Copper Wire and Wire Insulator items to transmit digital and analog signals
- Craftable logic gates (AND, OR, NOT, XOR, NAND, NOR, XNOR)
- Craftable latches to store values (Flip-Flop D, Flip-Flop JK)
- Craftable devices which are able to operate on analog signals (comparators, displays, …)
- Miscellaneous craftable devices to build complex contraptions (three state buffers, adc/dac converters, shift registers, …)
- Input devices to interact with circuits (levers, pressure pads, light sensors, …)
- Output devices to interact with the world (light bulbs, colored light bulbs, doors, item dispensers, …)
- A new Spanner tool which can configure and rotate electrical devices
- The Spanner tool allows also to flip selected blocks
- Doors can be flipped horizontally
- All sloped blocks can be flipped horizontally
- All right sloped blocks have been replaced to left sloped blocks in your inventories
- NEW AQUATIC PLANET reachable from Seth: Thetis
- 3 new IAPs
- Terra biomes have been revamped and improved
- Many other work in progress tweaks are being made to other planets
- The light engine has been recoded to support COLORED LIGHTS!
- New Colored Lights which give the game a new and refreshing look
- Many light sources have been tweaked accordingly
- 25 new monsters with unique loots
- 10 new fishes to fish
- 7 new trinkets
- more than 10 new equips and sets can be found in the new planet
- 6 new alien plant types
- 6 new rare statues
- 7 new weapons can be dropped from thetis monsters
- New Craftable yellow torch
- And much more!
- Portal Chests now emit light, making them easier to find
- All mobs have been shaded and have a less “flat” look
- Many slimes now split into smaller when killed
- New reagents have been added to the alchemy system
- All craftable goo torches now emit their relative colored light
- Deleting all world won’t force the creation of a new player anymore
- Degenerated buggy trees won’t be generated anymore during map creation
- Trees won’t grow anymore through blocks
- Many crashes have been fixed
- The whole engine is finally all written in C++11 language
Junk Jack X 2.3.1 St. Valentine update is out! This update adds more love to the game, including two themed mobs, new pets, treasures, and many themed placeable objects dropped from a new rare special themed chest.
Check out the changelog below!
- new Pink Valentine rabbit mob added
- new Pink Valentine pocket pet added
- new Cupid Zombie mob!
- two new trinkets have been added
- a new themed chest equip piece has been added
- a new St. Valentine themed chest can be found on terra ground
- new Themed bows and arrows
- new plant: Red Rose!
- new placeable Glowing Heart
- new rare Pocket Heart pet
- new Hanging Hearts decoration
- new placeable Red Rose Bucket
- many new St. Valentine themed treasures have been added
- two new themed paintings have been added
- fixed a wrong sound on Lilith monolith object
- now pet entity light is correctly set after a warp
- fixed a crash that occurred sometimes when unwrapping a gift
- fixed a memory leak that occurred evey time you entered a world
- added Citrine Block to creative
- fixed Dromium Spores placement issues
- added world chests to Lilith
More updates coming soon, stay tuned!
Hello everyone, Apple has just approved the Junk Jack X 2.3 Christmas update!
This version adds the Christmas mood to the game with many new craftable items, and a themed Terra world. But that’s not all, a whole new planet named Lilith has been added with more than 25 new mobs, items, weapons,equips, placeable objects and blocks, a new ore which will be used in the future for something really unique, many new rares and crafts.
And, as usual a bunch of bug fixes will make the experience better!
Merry Christmas and happy new year by the Pixbits Duo!
- Terra is now Christmas themed, with many christmas gifts on ground!
- All the christmas presents from previous year have been added again, plus much more!
- New end-game Lilith planet that can be reached from Xeno!
- New Silicium ore, which will be used in the future in a very unique way. More news coming!
- Fish more than 10 new fish types in the new planet
- 10 new replantable plant types with relative fruits
- More than 30 new mobs with their relative drops and crafts
- Many new alchemy reagents!
- Many new Lilith placeable blocks
- Lots of new placeable Lilith objects, including 6 columns
- New Moonstone material
- New Rare throwable bomb
- 6 New Rare placeable statues
- New moonstone blocks and column crafts
- 5 New Lilith pocket pets
- 4 Lilith armor sets
- 4 Lilith weapon sets
- 1 Rare Craftable Armor Set
- Many new trinkets, craftable or dropped from mobs
- Many new rare weapons
- More than 15 new crafts
- New Christmas Zombie mob
- New Placeable Hanging Tinsel
- New Placeable Hanging Snowflakes
- New Placeable Christmas Sleigh, you can sleep on it
- New Rare “weapon” (again!) dropped from Christmas Zombie Mob
- New Pocket Falling Star pet
- New Pocket Frosty pet
- Falling star will now spawn more often.
- Removed a graphic glitch from mineshaft bridge
- Fixed a crash that occurred when opening chests/forges/etc in multiplayer with a laggy connection
- Fixed dyable blocks and items that weren’t displaying correctly in super mini map
- Fixed a bug the didn’t allow some ladders to be placed on trapdoors
- Fixed a crash that could occur while taking a portal
- Fixed a crash that occurred when multiplayer was canceled halfway through connection
- Fixed a crash that occurred randomly when having stables with at least 2 mobs in the world
- Fixed wrong flags set on yuca side objects
- Added Night Owl to the creative eggs
- Fixed some wrong mob particles
- Enriched save check routines to minimize crashes during save operations
- Fixed a crash related to the update lighting algorithm on blocks of the world
- Many minor tweaks and fixes
Hi everyone, Apple has just approved the Junk Jack X Thanksgiving update.
This version adds the thanksgiving spirit to the game you love with new seasonal features, mobs and treasures, plus everything from the past year.
We also added the usual bunch of bugfixes😉
Happy Thanksgiving by the Pixbits Duo!
Here are the new features:
- New Dyeable Wood Panels – build a barn with them!
- New rare Barn Wood Support
- New rare Sloped Barn Roof
- New Night Owl Mob
- New Pocket Owl rare pet
- New Pocket Turkey rare pet
- New craftable Hay Bale block
- New Night Owl rare trinket
- New rare owl treasure
- New replantable Orange Dahlia flower
- New Thanksgiving Zombie mob which drops a rare themed “weapon”
- Last but not least autumn is back on Terra together with all the rare loots and treasures that can be found in the Cornucopia Chest!
- Rain sound won’t stop anymore after being far from the surface and coming back up
- Fixed iPhone6 Plus zoomed mode which wasn’t working as expected
- Fixed a crash that occurred when encrusting/wrapping items with gems without simple craft
- Fixed a crash that occurred frequently with forges when hosting a multiplayer game
- Fixed a bug which didn’t update the item in player hand if involved in a trade
- Fixed a misbehavior in renaming algorithm which could cause crash issues
- Grass now grows on Yuca light green dirt blocks
More news soon!
Great news, Junk Jack X is now iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus optimized!
Play with gorgeous native graphics and a larger viewport that will let you see more of your buildings and adventure, and have more fun!
We also managed to fix a whole lot of annoying bugs and made some minor tweaks.
Have fun with this update!
- engine optimized for iPhone6 and iPhone6 Plus
- fixed lighting of liquids in super mini map
- fixed alpha of liquids in super mini map
- fixed a chat bug which incorrectly split long strings
- fixed a chat bug which moved the whole chat upwards slowly
- rewrote local multiplayer to work on iOS7+
- fixed a crashed that occurred after deleting all players
- fixed multiple crashes related to opening the zoomed map with tiles changing in background
- fixed multiple crashes on server that occurred when a client disconnected from the game
- fixed some memory leaks related to netcode packet management
- fixed multiple crashes related to summoning/dismissal of pets
- Pocket Crab pet is not hostile anymore
- fixed a crash that occurred when dragging an item outside the inventory in creativE
- fixed a crash related to using the small leather pouch (which is not implemented but just hacked by players)
- fixed a crash related to merging item stacks in inventory with tap to move option enabled
- added two missing halloween trinkets to the loot tables
- fixed the wrong dark wood drop from the eerie tree leaves
- fixed the wrongly set black feather reagent inventory outline
- added banana popsicle to the cooking crafts
- placing a paper lantern doesn’t require a back block anymore
Trick or Treat?
The Junk Jack X Halloween update is here! Celebrate Halloween with a new spooky biome which contains new dresses, toys, collectables, monsters, pocket pets, plants and many more cool things. Last but not least we managed to fix a whole lot of bugs, to make Junk Jack X even better.
Here’s the changelog:
- Terra is not summer themed anymore
- Summer became a season generation option
- New Halloween themed spooky biome!
- Craftable Dark Shurikens
- New Cyan Slime Mob
- New Craftable Cyan Torch
- New Crow Mob
- New Witch Zombie mob
- New rare Witch Broom mob
- New rare Dark Star mob
- New black cat mob
- All these mobs have the chance to drop the respective pocket pet!
- 2 new IAPs
- Pop Corn!
- Watch out for spiders falling from trees!
- New rare halloween themed trinkets
- New halloween themed masks
- New rare placeable hanging skull
- Many new halloween cooking recipes
- Lots of halloween goodies can be dropped from the new halloween biome chest
- New Plantable Doll’s Eye plant
- New Plantable Eerie Tree
- New Plantable Black Rose flower
- New Rare Demon Trident Weapon
- Craftable Halloween Pumpkin and Lit Pumpkin
- Craftable Halloween torch
- New Carved Stone Skull block
- New rare Wood Coffin, which can be used as a bed
- A new toy: the Eyeball!
- New placeable Lamp Post
- New placeable spiked stone wall
- New placeable Dark Iron Gate
- New rare placeable Black Acid Pot
- Craftable Spider Silk Bridge
- Craftable Spider Silk Ladder
- New Alchemy reagents dropped from the new mobs
- netcode has been rewritten by using message passing, now everything should be more precise
- difficulty now affects the time of immunity from damage after being damaged
- fixed a bug with Chemistry Labs which made items disappear in rare circumstances
- fixed fishing bobber buggy behavior in multiplayer
- added back missing pavement decos from all the underground zones in the worlds
- added back missing veins from all the underground zones in the worlds
- tackle boxes can now be opened to have a chance to receive some lures
- fixed critical chance which was incorrectly applied to stats
- fixed chance to save ammo which is not applied anymore on toys
- fixed graphical bug of Tiny Green Scorpion
- fixed graphical error of Tillia Purpurea
- fixed many minor graphical glitches
- Pocket Crab pet is not hostile anymore
- fixed time played stat which was incorrectly calculated
- fixed Right Sloped Bright Wood craft
- Jack now holds the beer by the handle
Pixbits duo wishes all of you a creepy Halloween!