Welcome to Junk Jack 3.1.2! This update is out on all platforms: Steam, Android and iOS as soon as Apple approves it!
This version adds preliminary multiplayer based on direct connections between mobile devices! It works for local networks and over internet for reachable connections. It’s cross-platform between Android and iOS!
We also gave the game a new coat of paint with many tweaks,new craftable items, huge monsters, weapons, ancient craftable pick-shovels, revamped graphics and lots of features and refinements to improve the game balance and polish.
Check out the changelog! ( Some of these features are already present in the Android 3.1.1 version)
- new Android pocket pet to celebrate the Android release of Junk Jack!
- new network advertiser to find games over local networks!
- more than 40 mobs have been redrawn from scratch!
- 12 new entirely revamped and much bigger golems!
- 12 new wearable golem heads
- new unique antique shards have been added on each planet
- use the new antique shards to craft 12 new powerful pickshovels!
- new wood and stone pedestals, use them to display your precious treasures!
- new craftable glass showcase and shelf
- new craftable flower supports
- new craftable golem pets
- new utility crates added on all worlds!
- added rotting pocket pig and sheep pets
- many balance tweaks to weapon damages
- many balance tweaks to mobs damage and health
- tweaked loot tables and general balance
- tweaked mobs health and general damage
- tweaked essential soul sword crafts
- tweaked uber mobs damage and mobs damages
- tweaked music and ambient sounds distribution on all planets
- improved statues graphics
- improved addons graphics
- improved gem torches graphics, they glow now!
- improved gardening plants graphics
- improved vases graphics
- improved furniture sets graphics
- modified crafts available by default
- new reagents have been added to alchemy
- fixed duplicate drops on some objects
- old chair can now be flipped
- gem blocks are now translucent!
- many craft tweaks and balances
- new item gather animation
- all tools and weapons have had their graphics improved
- all mobs have been revamped with new shading
- fixed pocket king slime not appearing. Now it has new graphics too!
- fully redrawn equip pieces with new shading
- player graphics have been improved
- fixed some crossbows and bows not correctly appearing when equipped
- new craftable rare golem smashers
- new craftable rare gorlem armor pieces!
- revamped craftable chests graphics
- tweaked some blocks graphics
- new library block
- new rain sound
- improved overall Terra biomes density and quality
- added rare palms in the desert biome
- added large bricks column in the stone biome on terra
- added craftable large stone bricks!
- sugar canes will now appear in Terra
- revamped stone merlons
- tweaked maximum allowed hostile mobs
- tweaked ground chests spawn rate
- new rare flowers added in the stone biome
- tweaked rare biomes occurrence on all planets
- increased default music volume
- fixed some minor graphical issues
That’s all, happy mining and thanks for your continued support!
Hello everyone! We proudly announce that Junk Jack has been released on Steam!
Here is the link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/414190/
Thanks everyone for the support during these months in Early Access, that helped us to improve the game in every aspect and reach that much desired goal.
This is not the end but just a major step towards the development of our dream sandbox game, stay tuned and have fun playing Junk Jack with your friends!
Hello everyone! We’re satisfied with the development status of Junk Jack and we think that it’s ready to be released by Early Access on Steam platform.
We’re finally proud to announce our planned release date for Junk Jack:
27 April 2016, with a price of 14.99$!
We’re completing last steps right now to be able to have everything ready for the chosen date!
See you soon in Junk Jack! 😀
We’re working hard to finish porting the game, the global status is quite promising! Although we didn’t manage before end of 2015 as we initially planned we hope to be able to start with Early Access phase shortly!
A big thing that slowed down our progress are the controls, the original game had controls optimized for touch devices, which isn’t good for a deskop game, so we worked on giving the character real physics behavior to make it more platform style, some tweaks are still to be done but the final effect is absolutely promising!
Another issue is the fact that we weren’t satisfied at all with the current tools and weapons, either aesthetically either with the mechanics, so we spent some time trying to figure how to improve the overall thing. We ended up with something that we’re sure you will enjoy, check this out:
Some inner details are still to be decided but we’re slowly finalising them!
In the Early Access phase you should expect a game that already has all the gameplay features available, but with some more delicate components still missing until we’re sure they work correctly. For example steam API integration or multiplayer, which will probably introduced some time after. This doesn’t mean that such features aren’t already implemented, but that we need time to make them work without problems!
More news coming soon!
Hello everyone, we’re making good progress on Junk Jack for desktop platforms, so we thought to share a roadmap to with you!
Starting from this roadmap, our primary task is to have the plethora of current features of Junk Jack X correctly ported and adapted for desktop platforms. So basically our schedule is the following:
- finish porting the current product to let it run on desktop platforms
- early-release the game
- follow the feedback and what the users want most
- integrate large changes in the game to make full advantage of the increased characteristics of desktop platforms (screen size, cpu/gpu power, flexible controls) over the time
The interesting part will come after our initial release, when we’ll be able to raise the bar and add many interesting features that have been in our construction yard for so much time, especially if we’ll be able to establish a good user base that can provide useful feedback to us!
As people that played our games on iOS already know, we’re quite dedicated to this game and we’ve been able to add so many features over the years on the mobile counterpart that we’re really excited to be able to enforce the same dedication for the desktop version of the game!
Check it out below:
More news coming soon!