Welcome to Junk Jack 3.1!
This patch adds Uber Mobs, powerful monsters that can be summoned by destroying Altars in each world. Defeat them and gather unique powerful equip and weapon sets!
We have also improved combat hit detection, added new treasures such as weapons, pocket pets, new essence swords and revamped trinkets! Worlds are more varied now with new rare biomes with chests and everything has also been fine tuned once again.
You will also find Totem pieces in all the planets which can be assembled to form a huge totem tower! Many other features and fixes have been added too. Check out the changelog below!
*The update is already out on Steam and coming in the next days for iOS!
The image shows some of the full armor sets and weapons obtainable by killing Uber Mobs! Remember to generate new worlds or you won’t find Altars.
- combat hit detection has been improved!
- revamped swing and hit sounds
- experimental: now you will be able use portals in multiplayer!
- tweaked weapon animations
- each planet will now spawn Altars: destroy them to summon powerful Uber Mobs!
- collect 12 new unique looking armor sets which are dropped from Uber Mobs!
- collect 12 new unique and powerful weapons which are dropped from Uber Mobs!
- 30 new rate pocket pets!
- totems have been added! Collect and assemble totems from all the planets
- some rare treasures became pocket pets
- some rare treasures now became fancy weapons
- new essences treasure graphics
- revamped ethereal essence trinkets with improved stats
- craft ethereal swords by forging them with precious metals and essences
- every planet surface will now have rare biomes with chests from the nearest planets!
- new rare chests have been added on all planet surfaces
- pocket pets icons are now integrated in the inventory just like encrusted weapons
- tweaked gem variety and density on all worlds
- tweaked mob spawning algorithm and max mob quantity
- slight tweaks to ore distributions
- added missing colored goo to craft equivalence
- added some crafts to default available crafts
- tweaked some mobs health values
- some loot table tweaks
- zombies and skeletons will now wear various helmets!
- added generic songs to all planets
- tweaked music vs ambient sound occurrence
- revamped campfire graphics
- improved terra surface variety with new biomes
- added trap chest to all planets
- fixed various reported graphical issues
- small graphical tweaks
- various bug fixes
Happy Uber Slaughtering!
Hello everyone, update time!
Here’s a sneak peek of what we’re working on: Uber Mobs!
Each planet will feature a unique Uber Mob which can be summoned by destroying its altair. These mobs are harder to kill and will drop unique rewards such as equip pieces, weapons, tools, rare materials and unique pets.
We’re also working on totems! You will be able to collect cool looking totem pieces from each planets and assemble them as a trophy for your adventures.
The upcoming update will also feature new ground biomes from the nearest planets, new collectable pets, some loot/ores rebalance and other tweaks!
Last but not least, Android development is going well! More news about the Android version of Junk Jack are coming soon!
That’s all for now!
Hello everyone! We proudly announce that Junk Jack has been released on Steam!
Here is the link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/414190/
Thanks everyone for the support during these months in Early Access, that helped us to improve the game in every aspect and reach that much desired goal.
This is not the end but just a major step towards the development of our dream sandbox game, stay tuned and have fun playing Junk Jack with your friends!
Hello! Today we’re releasing a big content patch which adds more than 250 treasures to be discovered, we call it the treasure hunt season! We also added a new end game planet named Tor, which can be reached from Mykon, with lots of new monsters, equip pieces, treasures and blocks. Planets have been tweaked and should be more varied and fun to explore, we redrawn a lot of mobs and made many balance tweaks and bug fixes.
We’re quite satisfied with the progress made to the game and we think the game is mature enough to be released in full form on Steam, so please let us know what you think of this patch!
After the release we’ll continue with the updates, to improve Junk Jack even more.
Happy treasure hunting!
- treasure hunt season is now open! We added more than 250 unique rare treasures in chests. Happy hunting!
- new planet reachable from Mykon: Tor! Make sure to generate a new Mykon Adventure or you won’t find the new portals
- planets surfaces, graphics and biomes have been revamped and are now more varied and fun to explore
- many new blocks and discoverable treasures can be found on Tor
- dozens of new blocks and treasures!
- more than 20 new monsters!
- lots of new weapons, armor and other equip pieces can be dropped from Tor monsters
- 10 new fish types
- 12 new statues
- new pocket pets!
- two new types of wood with their relative crafts and weapons have been added: Green and Ebony wood
- new rare manufacts have been added, older ones will be converted to the newer ones
- all rare weapons now have custom animation, speed and knockback values
- many walking mobs have been redrawn from scratch
- many new blocks, decos and objects have been added on all planets
- added many missing objects and blocks to creative
- each add-on has now some crafts available by default
- added starter crates near the surface
- tweaked ores distribution
- tweaked treasures distribution tables
- rebalanced food heal values
- rebalanced potions heal values
- tweaked mobs health and hit values
- tweaked mobs bounding boxes, now they should stuck less between blocks
- decreased healing potions drop chance from mobs
- crates can now rarely drop iron lumps
- water won’t spawn floating on ground anymore
- new in use symbol on objects
- tweaked portal chests distribution
- slightly increased crates distribution
- added rare chests and pots on planets surface
- removed workbench requirement for stone tools
- decreased weapons drop chance from chests
- increased salt and sulphur rates on some planets
- decreased hard rocks distribution on planets
- reduced vases on all planets
- added dangerous spikes and ice on end game planets
- new liquid graphics
- new hurt sound!
- new dirt sounds have been added
- most hit sounds had their volume corrected
- tweaked mobs spawn rates
- fixed some minor graphical glitches
- import craftbook/potions from other players
- fixed bug with stackable objects improperly loaded from player save
- fixed sticky bullets in multiplayer on clients
- fixed sticky bullets from mobs which were damaging player when unintended
- fixed durability glitch which affected stacks split with shift+click
- added scroll wheel to changelog view
- added portals Yuca -> Magmar
- fix to music that was abruptly changing / stopping when unintended
- increased silence time between songs
- fixed crashes related to interaction at top of the world
- fixed some small glitches in physics engine
- many bug fixes and tweaks not listed here!
Hello everyone! We’re satisfied with the development status of Junk Jack and we think that it’s ready to be released by Early Access on Steam platform.
We’re finally proud to announce our planned release date for Junk Jack:
27 April 2016, with a price of 14.99$!
We’re completing last steps right now to be able to have everything ready for the chosen date!
See you soon in Junk Jack! 😀
Hello everyone, we’re making good progress towards the Steam release of the game, but we need your help to start the testing phase to make sure everything is working correctly by addressing any major bug, glitch and game balance issue found. The testing will require the Steam platform since we’ll use it to distribute the binaries to selected testers.
If you’re interested in beta testing Junk Jack, please fill the form at the link below and the relative details:
Junk Jack Closed Testing application form
If you’ll be selected we will contact you by email/steam as soon as everything is ready, so please provide valid details.
Thanks for helping us!
We’re working hard to finish porting the game, the global status is quite promising! Although we didn’t manage before end of 2015 as we initially planned we hope to be able to start with Early Access phase shortly!
A big thing that slowed down our progress are the controls, the original game had controls optimized for touch devices, which isn’t good for a deskop game, so we worked on giving the character real physics behavior to make it more platform style, some tweaks are still to be done but the final effect is absolutely promising!
Another issue is the fact that we weren’t satisfied at all with the current tools and weapons, either aesthetically either with the mechanics, so we spent some time trying to figure how to improve the overall thing. We ended up with something that we’re sure you will enjoy, check this out:
Some inner details are still to be decided but we’re slowly finalising them!
In the Early Access phase you should expect a game that already has all the gameplay features available, but with some more delicate components still missing until we’re sure they work correctly. For example steam API integration or multiplayer, which will probably introduced some time after. This doesn’t mean that such features aren’t already implemented, but that we need time to make them work without problems!
More news coming soon!
Hello everyone, we’re making good progress on Junk Jack for desktop platforms, so we thought to share a roadmap to with you!
Starting from this roadmap, our primary task is to have the plethora of current features of Junk Jack X correctly ported and adapted for desktop platforms. So basically our schedule is the following:
- finish porting the current product to let it run on desktop platforms
- early-release the game
- follow the feedback and what the users want most
- integrate large changes in the game to make full advantage of the increased characteristics of desktop platforms (screen size, cpu/gpu power, flexible controls) over the time
The interesting part will come after our initial release, when we’ll be able to raise the bar and add many interesting features that have been in our construction yard for so much time, especially if we’ll be able to establish a good user base that can provide useful feedback to us!
As people that played our games on iOS already know, we’re quite dedicated to this game and we’ve been able to add so many features over the years on the mobile counterpart that we’re really excited to be able to enforce the same dedication for the desktop version of the game!
Check it out below:
More news coming soon!
Hello everyone, here’s a quick update and a screenshot about the progress on Junk Jack for Pc/Mac/Linux.
Jack worked hard these months and finally managed to make the game at least run on every platform, it hasn’t been an easy task mind you! This doesn’t mean we’re done yet, actually there is a huge amount of things to be done, but now we have a solid foundation to continue our work!
We’ll keep you posted in the future on how the development is going.
Last but not least, we’re also working on new content for the mobile version of the game. More places to explore, with their relative monsters and loots are coming, which adds to the already huge pool of content present right now in the game.
We hope you enjoyed the update.
More news soon!