We’re proud to announce that Junk Jack is now out on Steam by Early Access!
Here is the link to the Steam Store where you will find the game at a price of 14.99$: Junk Jack on Steam Store
Have fun playing Junk Jack!
Thanks everyone for the support during these development months, and thanks to everyone who will buy the game and help us to shape it the best it can be.
This is only the beginning!
*If you encounter any issue please let us know, we’ll do our best our best to promptly fix it.
Hello everyone! We’re satisfied with the development status of Junk Jack and we think that it’s ready to be released by Early Access on Steam platform.
We’re finally proud to announce our planned release date for Junk Jack:
27 April 2016, with a price of 14.99$!
We’re completing last steps right now to be able to have everything ready for the chosen date!
See you soon in Junk Jack! 😀
Hello everyone, we’re making good progress towards the Steam release of the game, but we need your help to start the testing phase to make sure everything is working correctly by addressing any major bug, glitch and game balance issue found. The testing will require the Steam platform since we’ll use it to distribute the binaries to selected testers.
If you’re interested in beta testing Junk Jack, please fill the form at the link below and the relative details:
Junk Jack Closed Testing application form
If you’ll be selected we will contact you by email/steam as soon as everything is ready, so please provide valid details.
Thanks for helping us!
We’re working hard to finish porting the game, the global status is quite promising! Although we didn’t manage before end of 2015 as we initially planned we hope to be able to start with Early Access phase shortly!
A big thing that slowed down our progress are the controls, the original game had controls optimized for touch devices, which isn’t good for a deskop game, so we worked on giving the character real physics behavior to make it more platform style, some tweaks are still to be done but the final effect is absolutely promising!
Another issue is the fact that we weren’t satisfied at all with the current tools and weapons, either aesthetically either with the mechanics, so we spent some time trying to figure how to improve the overall thing. We ended up with something that we’re sure you will enjoy, check this out:
Some inner details are still to be decided but we’re slowly finalising them!
In the Early Access phase you should expect a game that already has all the gameplay features available, but with some more delicate components still missing until we’re sure they work correctly. For example steam API integration or multiplayer, which will probably introduced some time after. This doesn’t mean that such features aren’t already implemented, but that we need time to make them work without problems!
More news coming soon!
Ho Ho Ho! Apple has just approved Junk Jack X 2.4.8 Christmas update!
This version adds a new planet called Umbra with new mobs, treasures to discover and many mobs with unique drops, a new physics engine, a new fancy equip system, completely revamped player graphics and equip pieces, a new user interface and many fixes throughout the whole game. Zombies will also throw snowballs to you in the new Christmas themed Terra!
Merry Christmas by Pixbits!
- A new spooky planet called Umbra with new mobs, weapons, equip pieces, blocks and objects has been added
- The new planet portal chests can be found in new generated Terra worlds
- A new special flying type of monster has been added, bats!
- Terra is now christmas themed, with themed objects, treasures and a new christmas zombie mob
- more than 20 new monsters
- many new placeable objects and blocks
- many weapons to discover
- many equip pieces to discover
- 4 new unique music tracks
- fancy equip system, to dress like how you want while wearing the best armor pieces!
- physics engine has been completely rewritten to be more accurate and believable
- the new flying behavior for monsters, bat is just the first one, more will come in the future!
- the User Interface has been completely redrawn
- new more modern Junk Jack logo
- streamlined block and object removal rules accordingly to their appropriate tools
- new energy bar system which opens many possibilities for the future (currently used for underwater breath reserve)
- chest interface now has the color of the opened chest
- the main player sprite has been redrawn, with new appearance and animations
- all equip pieces are new, better looking with more details
- many small things are changed, enhanced or removed to keep consistency with the ongoing desktop version of the game
- fixed broken trading system
- fixed a multiplayer craft related to client crashing after exiting from the game
- added missing objects and mobs to creative
- added some missing crafts
- many bug fixes throughout the whole game, too many to list here!
We hope you’ll enjoy this patch! We didn’t have time to add more features but we’re working hard on the cross-platform engine for the release of the game on desktop platforms and, since we want to keep the iOS version as much coherent as possible with the other upcoming version, we had to focus a lot on things “behind the scenes”!
Hello everyone, we’re making good progress on Junk Jack for desktop platforms, so we thought to share a roadmap to with you!
Starting from this roadmap, our primary task is to have the plethora of current features of Junk Jack X correctly ported and adapted for desktop platforms. So basically our schedule is the following:
- finish porting the current product to let it run on desktop platforms
- early-release the game
- follow the feedback and what the users want most
- integrate large changes in the game to make full advantage of the increased characteristics of desktop platforms (screen size, cpu/gpu power, flexible controls) over the time
The interesting part will come after our initial release, when we’ll be able to raise the bar and add many interesting features that have been in our construction yard for so much time, especially if we’ll be able to establish a good user base that can provide useful feedback to us!
As people that played our games on iOS already know, we’re quite dedicated to this game and we’ve been able to add so many features over the years on the mobile counterpart that we’re really excited to be able to enforce the same dedication for the desktop version of the game!
Check it out below:
More news coming soon!
Hello everyone, welcome to Junk Jack X 2.4.4!
This version introduces a new gardening system: discover new flower types by combining their seeds and get more than 15000 unique plants! We also added a new planet called Mykon with new monsters, rare weapon drops, equip pieces, placeable objects and blocks. A new Tone Emitter device has been introduced to let you compose music directly inside the game! Last but not least we’re adding many bug fixes and tweaks which hopefully will improve your experience with Junk Jack X.
Check out the changelog below:
- the game is now optimized for 64 bit architecture
- new procedural plants: combine plants by mixing their seeds and obtain more than 15000 unique flowers!
- 3 new IAPs
- new Planet: Mykon!
- more than 35 new mobs
- more than 15 new weapons
- more than 25 new equip pieces
- many new plants with their relative fruits
- new rare pocket pets
- 10 new fishes
- new rare king slime pet craftable from monster drops
- new mushroom wood
- sloped blocks can now be rotated even upside-down
- the normal minimap is now a live view of the world (and not a static snapshot anymore)
- new craftable tone emitter blocks, make music with them!
- new truth table device
- different musical instruments can be set for tone emitter blocks, including chiptune sounds!
- new spider web graphics
- new king slime mobs!
- tweaked dye colours
- tweaked ground plants spawn rate on terra
- each flower will drop its relative colored petal which can be used to craft dyes
- new craftable gem torches which make colored light
- statues are now flippable with the spanner! (more things will be flippable in the future)
- new world generator allows props to be rotated into all directions making every biome much more immersive
- fixed (hopefully) fishing as clients in multiplayer
- fixed a crash related to spawner eggs thrown by an item dispenser
- fixed a bug that didn’t allow players to tap a near addon to craft things with it
- fixed crashes occurred when tapping a camp fire
- lighting on rotated blocks is now properly calculated
- fixed a crash that occurred when a client exited from a multiplayer game
- fixed lighting issues around world map wrap
- sloped blocks now respect their placement rules
- sloped blocks have been added to creative again
- colored lights are now properly shown on zoomed minimap
- fixed a crash that occurred while opening the in-game shop
- loading a world from an obsolete game version (< 2.3) now could work properly, don’t forget to always update your game and worlds!
- fixed sky appearing black on world load
- many more fixes and tweaks!
Have fun, and as always expect more news coming soon!
Hello everyone, here’s a quick teaser of a new planet we’re working on.
Lots of mushrooms as you can see, but just not only that! The planet will also include new mobs, drops, weapons, equip pieces and craftable objects to discover.
Stay tuned for more updates! 🙂
Hello everyone, here’s a quick update and a screenshot about the progress on Junk Jack for Pc/Mac/Linux.
Jack worked hard these months and finally managed to make the game at least run on every platform, it hasn’t been an easy task mind you! This doesn’t mean we’re done yet, actually there is a huge amount of things to be done, but now we have a solid foundation to continue our work!
We’ll keep you posted in the future on how the development is going.
Last but not least, we’re also working on new content for the mobile version of the game. More places to explore, with their relative monsters and loots are coming, which adds to the already huge pool of content present right now in the game.
We hope you enjoyed the update.
More news soon!
Hello everyone, Apple has finally approved Junk Jack 2.4.1 which fixes all the major reported bugs including:
- Multiplayer crash when connecting
- Craftnotes crash when opening them from quickslots
- Unredeemable Technician’s hat IAP
- Many more minor bug fixes and tweaks
Sorry for the trouble caused by the previous patch, unfortunately despite the beta testing these bugs managed to appear in the final version of the game.
Happy wiring everyone! 🙂