Ho Ho Ho, it’s Christmas time! This update makes Junk Jack Christmas themed with a snow biome, presents filled with treasures and themed mobs. Decorate your home with the new ornaments, treasures, lights and much more!
By popular request we have increased tools and weapons range starting from iron and fixed many reported bugs. Thanks for your support!
Merry Christmas by the Pixbits duo!
• Terra is now christmas themed!
• zombies and skeletons are now christmas themed
• added presents with many cool treasures!
• increased range of tools/weapons
• reduced hardness of some blocks
• fixed wrong offset on some mobs
• decreased forge build time in Simple Craft mode
• slightly increased crossbow dart damage
• fixed crashes when interacting with blocks with potions which enables you tool effects
• fixed rotation of top objects which was incorrectly reset when placing a rear block
• added missing chat sound
• fixed minor bugs
Hello miners! We just released on the App Store a patch which fixes many reported issues and crashes, making the experience better and hopefully crash-free.
Now the game is named Junk Jack, as it’s our flagship product! The old Junk Jack on iOS became Junk Jack Retro with added widescreen support!
Thanks everyone for the support, we always appreciate constructive feedback.
- In-App purchases now are saved correctly between sessions.
- Fixed a crash on opening stats after using forge/chest/etc
- Fixed wrong doors behavior
- Explosive arrows won’t explode anymore in protected worlds
- Fixed a crash involving extending a piston on top of the world
- Fixed a crash happened when attacking monsters
- Long tap on backpack now toggles item tooltips on/off
- It is now possible to attack creatures with placeable items
- Fixed trap-door issues with object placements
- Added default chest treasures to Tor chests
- Tweaked pickup “pop” sounds
- Tweaked mini item stack arrow in inventory labels
- Tree leaves can now be broken with any tool effectively
- Removed life leech from some weapons
- Polearms are now held correctly in your hand
- Fixed minor graphical issues on some blocks
Welcome to Junk Jack X 3.0!
This is our biggest update yet, it includes months of work and brings all the new features and improvements from our PC/Mac version to iOS. The changes are too many to list here, but we’ll try to mention at least the major changes below here!
There is a downside though: unfortunately we had to change the whole engine, this makes actual worlds and player incompatible, forcing you to start a new game to experience the new patch. Old worlds and players won’t be deleted but they’ll become unaccessible from the game.
** PLEASE NOTE THAT UPDATING THE GAME WILL MEAN A FRESH START WITH NEW PLAYERS AND NEW WORLDS **
We sincerely hope you understand, sorry for any trouble this may cause.
This is the only choice we had, the only alternative would have been to sell a different game under the same brand which wasn’t acceptable for us.
• All new Junk Jack logo!
• More than 250 new rare treasures: happy hunting!
• All planets have been overhauled with new graphics, content, biomes and tweaks to make them more fun and varied.
• New planet reachable from Mykon: Tor!
• More than 20 new Tor monsters!
• More than 40 new slimes different for each planet
• Added a collections view which will track all the things you gathered while playing: rare treasures, fancy equips, fish, cooking recipes
• Added scrolling to super minimap
• Super mini map will only show discovered areas
• New procedural part engine for mobs: many mobs will now have random parts attached!
• Explosive arrows!
• Each slime type has its own unique behavior
• New king slime mobs!
• Many mobs have been redrawn from scratch
• New weapons, armor, trinkets can be found in Tor
• New pocket pets, statues, fish, objects, blocks and so on!
• New world sizes options
• Added customisation options for world creations also for adventure mode
• Tweaked treasures and ores distribution
• Dozens of new placeable blocks and objects!
• Added objects and blocks to creative
• Added a new actuator: piston block! It’s able to push players, mobs and items by extending and also behaves as a bridge or one-way door according to rotation
• Added a new actuator: advanced pressure pad! It’s like the normal pressure pad but it’s able to detect mobs too
• Added a new actuator: retractable block! it’s a block that becomes solid when activated and blocks light, movement and liquids
• Trapdoors now behave as devices and can be opened and closed with electronics signal
• Health bars of creatures have been added
• Improved overall game difficulty balance
• Rebalanced food heal values
• Rebalanced potions heal values
• Tweaked treasures drop rates on all planets
• Tweaked chest treasures drop rate
• Tweaked portal chests spawn rate
• Tweaked crates seeds drop rate
• Tweaked mobs health and hit values
• Added many utility crates in the world
• Added dangerous spikes on end game planets
• Portal chests now emit light
• Two new types of wood have been added
• Additionally tweaked light thresholds for mob spawning
• Add-ons now have default crafts available
• 6 new wood crossbows, each one with different bullet and fire speed stats
• New craftable slingshot which throws tiny rocks
• New detailed tool and weapons graphics, with custom animations
• New bows graphics
• New craftable colored goo torches
• Objects and blocks can now be placed on small objects without the need to break them first
• It is now possible to place blocks behind objects without breaking them first
• Fancy trinket slot is now considered for pet summon and will take priority if a pocket pet trinket is present in that slot
• Added Ninja Potion which alters throw speed and power
• New ambient sounds and sound effects
• New music tracks have been added to Terra
• A new manly hurt sound has been added
• New liquid graphics
That’s not all! We made dozens of other tweaks and bug fixes to improve the game experience, we hope you will enjoy the new Junk Jack X 3.0!
We’re glad to tell you that Junk Jack X is almost ready to be sent to Apple. We have almost finished beta testing phase and we’re quite proud of the result so far 🙂
We can’t give you an exact release date but we guess you will be able to play it within some weeks! We managed to implement every feature we planned for the initial release, including 5 different planets. In addition we have already planned some hefty things but they’ll come with updates in the months following the release.
As you may already know we do not like the freemium formula for a game like Junk Jack X. So it will be a paid game: you pay once and get the whole game experience.
The launch price will be 4.99$ and it will be universal.
We hope to be able to announce a precise release date soon, in the meanwhile stay tuned and enjoy some iPad screenshots!
Thanks for all your support in these months 🙂
Hi guys, we are here after a quite long long blog silence (sorry!)to give you the registration form that will let you apply for beta testing our game Junk Jack Mining Game. You can find it at this address. Just a courtesy: if you are interested in beta testing as a press operator please specify it in the nickname field (by specifying the address of your website), so that we know it.. thanks 😉
Since you can’t apply twice for same UDID or email, if something goes wrong (eg. you press enter but some field were incomplete), just write it down here as a comment, we’ll delete the entry to let you apply again! You can even send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “junk jack beta apply” and all the required fields.
We can’t assure to let everyone in, but we will do our best to make you guys happy!
The game is progressing well, and lots of ideas, tweaks, improvements have been added, and we are continuing to do that, every day. We changed some of our ideas during the development, so we actually added some cool features and disabled some other that are more suitable for updates (mostly because of debugging time needed for them).
We have finally music too, thanks to BrightPrimate help, which is doing a really good work. Check out his website here! : http://www.brightprimate.tk
We hope to be able to satisfy your appetites with an updated video, as soon as we’ll have some time to handle these issues too, in addition to development itself. 🙂
Now we need your help!
Spread the word 😀
Soon other updates.
Hi guys, we’re posting a quick but we hope appreciated update!
These creatures hurt quite a bit.. 😀 (final design may change a bit, but you should get the idea)
Back to work now, there is still a lot of work to be done, as always.
Soon other updates!
Hi guys, a quick update for today.
We have a fully working dynamic lighting engine, and we are totally excited by that!
Here is an ingame screenshot:
edit: here’s another screenshot that shows how it works in the darkness:
What do you think of it?
Soon other updates! 😀
In these 2 days I experimented enough with lighting engines, this is a prototype I came up with: http://www.pixbits.com/junk-jack/lighting. It seems to give pretty results and it would be nice to implement it inside the game but I don’t know if I’ll make in time for release, probably this will come later (actually we will see, nobody knows, maybe if I feel inspired!).
Of course we kept our work going too, fixing many bugs and adding last buildable blocks (Xsx drew lovely things). Now we’re gonna go back to balancing the quests.. feel free to experiment with the prototype in the meanwhile 🙂
Hi, we are happy to show you these screenshots with an ingame building and some of the materials we prepared (and are still preparing!) for your future use in the game.
What do you think guys?
Hi all, below you can see our last work in progress video that shows how the mail system works.
Plus some digging (no animations yet), material gathering, and a fossil skeleton block!
Stay with us for the next progress updates!